Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: cessna on water  (Read 3264 times)

lanos

cessna on water
« on: 02 Oct 2002, 14:53:20 »
How about making a cesna plane that could land on water. :o :o

DrMeatballs

Re:cessna on water
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2002, 01:23:11 »
A seaplane would be great and i think it could be done but i'm not entirely shure.

chrisb1220

« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2002, 02:40:39 »
That's one of the aircrafts ofp needs alot. The other is a biplane. One is out, but it really sucks. Does any body know what i'm talkin about?

chrisb1220

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2002, 02:41:25 »
That's one of the aircrafts ofp needs alot. The other is a biplane. One is out, but it really sucks. Does any body know what i'm talkin about?

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2002, 18:50:20 »
Yeah ;Da biplane, ;)how cool, a Bristol Buldog would be soooo cool, have a loock at the atachement.
 A air unit capable of landing on water would be very usefull, specially for infiltration missions, a water landing chooper could be nice too, but the Cesna is probably the easyest one, I don't know.
 A plain or chooper that can relise a black op team with a zodiac in the water like the Seals do would be even better, but that smells of script to me.
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

1B1KSniper

« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2002, 20:27:12 »
I've been wanting this one too, but I'm not sure how successfully it could be made.

bioxx

« Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2002, 03:46:56 »
It can't be done unless I did somethin wrong in the Config.cpp , I made a plane the other day and said that it could float, everything was right but, when I put it in the game it becomes a submarine, which is really cool and everyone wants it, but the problem is that it can fly out of the water, which I like that too but it doesn't suit the purpose very well. So my guess is that it can't be done.

Srry ppl. :(

lanos

« Reply #7 on: 07 Oct 2002, 16:00:06 »
Weel I am not in the scripting language:But for how much I think and what I know about the config.cpp it could be done.
My logic works like that:why can the choper land but is stil a air unit it can land on "land"(he,he) but it canÂ't land on water.
Therfore I would change in the config.cpp file:Leave the main line for air unit and change the line where says something like land for water or is that wrong.I mean that it should work.Cause in my opinion there must be a code for the land option in .cpp file.But I will check that out"i wiil try"

Stalker

« Reply #8 on: 07 Oct 2002, 17:21:12 »
It is not possible. Even if u make it canswim=1 like in BMP or M133 it will drown like all other planes.

GeneralCoder

« Reply #9 on: 07 Oct 2002, 18:34:41 »
Excuse me, but why would u land to water if u cant come out becose u drown?

chrisb1220

« Reply #10 on: 08 Oct 2002, 00:20:24 »
That's something that they should of changed in the next version but they didn't. >:( Anyway, you land the plane on the water then taxi it to a dock or somethin. That simple.

GeneralCoder

« Reply #11 on: 08 Oct 2002, 18:38:06 »
That's something that they should of changed in the next version but they didn't. >:( Anyway, you land the plane on the water then taxi it to a dock or somethin. That simple.

But if u miss the dock ur dead. litlebit riscy isnt it?   :-\
well it would be still cool.

lanos

« Reply #12 on: 09 Oct 2002, 01:30:13 »
Why would you be dead if you would miss the dock.What I mean with this is how to hell do you get out of a boat than? ???

chrisb1220

« Reply #13 on: 09 Oct 2002, 01:35:30 »
Then taxi it to the land!

lanos

« Reply #14 on: 09 Oct 2002, 15:58:19 »
I didnÂ't mean anny harm:I am just wondering.

GeneralCoder

« Reply #15 on: 09 Oct 2002, 18:07:54 »
Why would you be dead if you would miss the dock.What I mean with this is how to hell do you get out of a boat than? ???

I was just thinkin that one of thoes islands had dock and it was wery deep water around the dock, but offcource its the same problem whit boats.

Then i was thinkin that maybe the cessna could have rubber boat and player would move in it (whit script)
just though.

1B1KSniper

« Reply #16 on: 09 Oct 2002, 18:24:50 »
I made a fairly good construction awhile back, before Resistance was out.  I placed a concrete block  beneath the docks, so there was enough room for maneuvering but it wasn't deep enough for you to drown.  By placing something like that on a model and stairs leading to the top of it you would have a very useful dock that you could actually use.

GeneralCoder

« Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2002, 01:31:33 »
So is some one doing this then?

« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2002, 01:32:52 by GeneralCoder »

lanos

« Reply #18 on: 13 Oct 2002, 17:56:51 »
Did try,but no sucsess.Dont know how to code the .cpp file.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #19 on: 13 Oct 2002, 23:02:26 »
im pretty sure its impossible...

you can make a plane fly - but it wont land on water...

you can make a plane float - but it wont take off..

simple hey?  :P
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

ofp..hahha

« Reply #20 on: 14 Oct 2002, 03:08:54 »
i set the aircraft carriers speed we were making to a speed of 2000 mph and i cought some mad air.