Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Nogova the Revolution  (Read 1074 times)

DSGizzmo

Nogova the Revolution
« on: 30 Jan 2005, 17:44:16 »
Whilst playing the Resistance storyline, I had the the idea of creating a free roaming SP or MP game where you take the role of a communist rebel attempting to take control of the government of Nogova. It could be set a few years after the original resistance campaign. Gameplay could involve hiring men and purchasing weapons and equipment to take on say the US or UN forces looking over the rebuilding of Nogova after the Soviet invasion. Once you;ve built up your force you then hve to attempt a coup somewhere, Lipany maybe. Any ideas on how this could be done?

Dubieman

Re:Nogova the Revolution
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2005, 03:39:10 »
Hmm, that'd be a cool storyline for a CTI or something. Not just your usa and your russian go at it. ::)

As for ideas, you could just base it off a CTI or MCTI. Or use buy menus.

And to try and contain myself from advertising, check link in my sig for a campaign on civil war. ::) :P

Matt Walter

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2005, 05:06:40 »
I think it could make a good mission. I think a SP mission would be amazing, but I have no ideas at this moment... but I do have MP mission....

Everyone starts off a civilian and maybe some soldiers...What you do is try to rally the civilians together and start a revalotion...but here is where the major scripts come it. You can join up with an players and create a malita/gang/whatever, there could be malitias suporting comunist rule, and there could be some malitias suporting Nato-UN. But those are not the only sides that could be formed. for example, the could be like 5 side against eachother. Malitias could sign treaties with othe malitas, go to war, and such. You could steal steal money to buy better guns and veichals or just steal them from a nato base. to add even another eleament to the game, you could even have a drafting center(s) for the Nato forces...you would then become a soldier. I don't know what sould happen when you die...re spawn, become a neutral civilian again, just die, or whatever. Also, ther could be certain areas you nead to take over to gain countral of the whole island, for example cities. when you malitia gets really violant, Nato can come and try to save the day. This level could be a long running level... which also would be hard to make, but with time put into it would make an amazing level.  ;)

DSGizzmo

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2005, 17:10:24 »
Yea i was thinking of buy menus aswell. And RPG style dialogue systems  (I just found a script in the editors depo.) then you could go to certain areas and rally support. Say if your a communist and you go to a Wealthy town you'd probably be driven out, but if you go to a poor town or province they'd be more willing to listen.

The MP idea I like, players controlling different groups with different views. You could have the Left wing communists, Right wing nationalists and maybe a democratic group supporting US/UN.