Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What is Direct Speak?  (Read 518 times)

Lt.Ryan

What is Direct Speak?
« on: 15 Jan 2005, 06:10:54 »
When you hit the TAB key while in OFP the channle comes up and there is a man with voice pic. Is this something like team speak? I also know in OFP Preferences there is a voice setup button and it tests your hardware. I have put two computers on LAN and tryed what I thought would work and had no sucsses. could some one tell me what this is or how to use it?

MadFred

Re:What is Direct Speak?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2005, 14:50:37 »
From the Avon Lady's OFP FAQ:

How can I communicate with other players during an MP game?

If you've got OFP: Resistance and are using OFP's new socket MP interface to connect to OFP servers, you'll need to use an external program for voice communications during MP gameplay.

For all older versions of OFP and for those continuing to use OFP: Resistance with the DirectPlay MP interface, you'll most probably be satisfied with OFP's own built-in Voice-Over-Network (VON) and text communication facilities.

Before you can use OFP's VON, you'll have to make sure that OFP can work correctly with your computer's microphone. To do this, run the OFP preferences program and click on the VOICE SETUP button. This will run a sound wizard test program. Follow the instructions carefully and, when completed, you should be all ready for VON communications.

unQuote