Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Deleating Dead Bodies  (Read 514 times)

SilentSeal

Deleating Dead Bodies
« on: 07 Jan 2005, 02:46:34 »
Hey I decided to combine my love of OFP with my knowlage of the Vietnam war to make a Vietnam campaign. My problem is that i need a script that deleates bodies. I have seen alof of them out there, but the ones iv seen deleate all dead bodies, i need one that only deleates a specific group.
Here is what im trying to do.
Two hueys droop your platoon into an LZ where you immediatly begin to take fire from the treeline. First squad is pinned down while second squad moves up slowly on the treeline from the right flank. After you exchange fire with the enemy for a few seconds, your Lieutenate calls in arty on the tree line and after a few more seconds the arty effectivly destroys the enemy.
What i want to do is deleate the bodies of that enemy squad to make it look like the NVA moved their dead because the NVA often broke contact if a battle was not going their way and they almost always carried their dead off because they knew the americans used the body count to determine if the battle was a victory or not.
So to recap, I need a script that can deleat only a specific squad of enemy soldiers, anyone know where i can get one of know how to modify existing ones?

PS: I am nearly finished with the demo (the first three missions) of the campaign and if anyone would like to help beta test it, just let me know.

Dubieman

Re:Deleating Dead Bodies
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2005, 03:06:18 »
Well the script I used, erase.sqs or eraser.sqs... used an eventhandler that you put in the unit's init line. Then only the units with the eventhandler in their init would get deleted. ;)

It should be in the ed depot, but I had an error message, I dunno, may have been my mission. :P (A little Dday mission with tons of units) ::) :P ;D

And plz do beta testing in the beta thread, or say something in your sig.  :)

SilentSeal

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2005, 04:43:18 »
Ok thanks a lot i will try that one.

And I didnt mean to bog down this thread with beta tester posts, i just ment it as a PS.

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 07 Jan 2005, 20:34:00 »
That's okay, just don't do it again or the mods will beat you senseless, gently... ;)

BRAVO-TWO

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2005, 13:24:17 »