Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stealth kills using knives!!!  (Read 1977 times)

DSGizzmo

Stealth kills using knives!!!
« on: 12 Jan 2005, 00:13:11 »
I was wondering are there any scripts about that allow you to sneak up on an enemy and stab thaem or slit their throat, i was thinking it would be activated in the options menu in the corner of the screen (cant remember what its called :-[) The script would really help in an upcoming spetz naz mission im working on.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Re:Stealth kills using knives!!!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2005, 02:23:29 »
possible w/ new anims and a new addon

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2005, 02:35:40 »
You could make a little script for unaware guards. But they have the bestiest hearing in the world and sense you're there when you are 1m behind them. But for a script, use an appropiate animation and kill the guard via setdammage. :P

DSGizzmo

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2005, 14:21:42 »
do you know of any animation script or addon that would do this?

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2005, 01:23:03 »
You could make a little script for unaware guards. But they have the bestiest hearing in the world and sense you're there when you are 1m behind them.

Not true!! Im making a stealth mission and I sneaked past a guard with my cool ass glock17S when I removed my HK from the black op (silenced) class.

Remember using pistol, walking instead of using e (fast proning/sprinting) and proning means more stealth.

There were 2 guards standing, I shot 1 in the head, and the 2nd guard looked around and didnt see me while i was 2m away trying to reload as fast as I can

(its a mission at exactly midnight, time difference if you have soldiers with no NV will make them see bad)

ON TOPIC (lol):
But yes sorry im off topic. You could use the strokefist option. I know it looks like a punch but if you use a sound that sounds like a knife squashing something and a sigh of a man as brave as a litle girl wetting her pants it sounds cool right?
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

DSGizzmo

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2005, 15:06:36 »
Oh yea the strokefist, but it takes about five goes to kill someone with and by the time you've killed them the rest of the base are all aiming guns at you :o.

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2005, 02:10:19 »
nah, you'd set it up to kill the guy as soon as you do the stokefist the first time

BronzeEagle

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2005, 01:18:40 »
Here's what you do.  Make a knife addon.  Make its animation be the strokefist animation.  Increase its damage power from the original strokefist damage power so one stroke kills and you're done.  You'll need some pbo programs, config knowledge and addon knowledge.  

DSGizzmo

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2005, 17:19:19 »
Hmmm I'll look into the 3d modelling programs, could take a while. And the animation programs :-\.

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #9 on: 01 Feb 2005, 02:55:56 »
I've created a script that does what you want, but unfortunately I'm at work now and haven't got a copy.  If you want I can post you a copy when I get home tonight (7-8 hours from now).

The script needs a lot of work to make it usable on multiple units but at the moment it works via an addaction on a named target unit.  The target has no ammo so can't shoot you, but he has another script which allows him to attack you with his rifle butt.

Both scripts use the appropriate animations (strokefist and strokerifle) and a custom sound and if the target unit is within a set distance (1.5 m for fist, 2m for the rifle) then the attack succeeds and causes a random amount of damage between 0 and 100%.  Dead simple I know but that's why i'm still working on it !

Best of all, the target has a THIRD script attached to him which allows the player to duck the target's attacks.  The script runs an animation (stand to crouch) and sets a global variable for 1 second that negates any enemy attack.  With a bit of luck and good reflexes you can activate it just as the bad guy starts his swing, then you have four seconds to pelt him with your fists before he swings again.  Neat !

I have tested it a number of times and sometimes I get into the groove and kill him no probs.  Other times I stuff my timing completely and end up getting whacked from here to Sunday ! (If either side actually connects then the script plays a "go to crouch" animation so you get knocked down for a sec - even if you're dead !  Oddly fascinating watching the bad guy work your body over   :beat:  ).

As I said, at the moment the scripts refer to named units but when I get a free second I am going to make it refer to the generic units (ie - the attacker, the target etc) so I can add it to dozens of enemy.  I also want to tweak it so that I can add it to fully armed units - if the player is within 5m or so then they won't shoot but will instead try to swing at him.  This should make trying to sneak up on baddies a legitimate tactic !

Cheers !
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2005, 02:58:23 by Roni »

DSGizzmo

« Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2005, 22:20:00 »
Sounds brilliant  ;D I like scripts that broaden the choice of what you can do to achieve a certain goal in a mission.

djackl

« Reply #11 on: 02 Feb 2005, 22:23:04 »
Have a look at the UKF addons, the SA-80 is fixed so that when you attach the bayonet and walk within a certain distance of the bad guy, you lunge forward and stab him, killing him in one hit. Maybe that could be what you are looking for?

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #12 on: 04 Feb 2005, 03:35:09 »
You could make an animation that, when you get to a certain distance from an enemy and are behind then, it would give you the action menu option, "Attack guard" or summit. Once clicked it would launch your character at the guard, who would now be locked in position via a switchmove anim. Your newly created anim would have your character wrapped around the guard and slotting him. A crafty cutscene would allow you to see your guy killing the guard without actually seeing a knife.

The cutscene would annoy some people but shouldn't as it would only need to be as long as it needs to be. If you are in an action you can't do anything anyway so why not use a cutscene.

to make everything run smoothly, the scripting would have the guard killed and locked in an anim as soon as you click, "attack guard". This way he wont alert his buddies as your hanging off him. Once he is dead you can end your anim by just stepping back or summit. He can just use an existing anim which sees him drop to the ground dead.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

BronzeEagle

« Reply #13 on: 05 Feb 2005, 20:00:21 »
well, wouldn't the punch animation suffice to look just like a slice if he had a knife in his hand?  

DSGizzmo

« Reply #14 on: 08 Feb 2005, 16:37:25 »
(I was wondering how to get the UKF bayonets to work ;D. thx.) But yea if I used the strokefist i would need a model. Or i could just use a sound file.

DSGizzmo

« Reply #15 on: 08 Feb 2005, 16:42:27 »
You could make an animation that, when you get to a certain distance from an enemy and are behind then, it would give you the action menu option, "Attack guard" or summit. Once clicked it would launch your character at the guard, who would now be locked in position via a switchmove anim. Your newly created anim would have your character wrapped around the guard and slotting him. A crafty cutscene would allow you to see your guy killing the guard without actually seeing a knife.

The cutscene would annoy some people but shouldn't as it would only need to be as long as it needs to be. If you are in an action you can't do anything anyway so why not use a cutscene.

to make everything run smoothly, the scripting would have the guard killed and locked in an anim as soon as you click, "attack guard". This way he wont alert his buddies as your hanging off him. Once he is dead you can end your anim by just stepping back or summit. He can just use an existing anim which sees him drop to the ground dead.

Yea this is what I was thinking, I like the cutscene idea :)

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #16 on: 08 Feb 2005, 22:49:16 »
The final choice depends upon what sort of "kill" you want to see - a stand up knife and rifle butt fight or a sneak up behind and cut throat kind of deal.

If you want the latter I'm sure that you could still do it with an addaction on the target and the appropriate choise of existing animations and sounds.  I've built up a good librarry of sounds from Sounddogs and my old Day of Defeat files - if anyone is interested I could throw something together . . .   :P

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #17 on: 09 Feb 2005, 17:51:35 »
Are these sound files available? I'd certainly be interested in having a butchers.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #18 on: 09 Feb 2005, 22:31:16 »
Hi Archie

Check out Sounddogs at -

http://www.sounddogs.com/start.asp

They have tens of thousands of sound clips in either Windows (wma) or mac format.  Just go to the search field and type in your topic (eg - smack, slice, knife, rip etc) and then click on any of the files it brings up to hear it.

Most generic words will bring up a couple of hundred sound files (plus lots of obscure music snippets as well for some reason), just keep clicking and listening until you get what you like.

Save your file(s), convert from wma to wav (Google for a free converter) and there you are.  I usually then cut the file down to size using Sound Recorder (it's simple and its free with Windows !) then save the result in to a folder reserved for polished sounds.  Then anytime I need a sound I just pick and choose from my own library.

Don't forget to name your files as accurately as you can (eg heavyBang1.wav, shortRip2.wav etc).

If you have anything in particular in mind let me know and I'll shoot you across one or two of my best samples.

Cheers

Roni

MOC_XIII

I CAN HELP
« Reply #19 on: 28 Feb 2005, 04:45:39 »
Hi.
I am a custom anim maker and i could help. Want me to make anythin?

REPLY TO TELL ME

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2005, 05:00:28 »
Hi MOC_XIII

Offer gratefully accepted !  Can I kep your email on file ?  It never hurts having an expert handy !   :)

I've actually been planning on making a new weapon class for OFP that allows the player to block, attack etc all with the one weapon.  The idea would be to tkae the standard Strike weapon and create a new weapon with multiple modes of attack (just like rifles).

But rather than having Single Shot, Burst etc I would give this weapon Jab, Swing, Left Hook, Block etc.  Each mode would have different anims, different sounds and different attack lines (ie blocking possibilities).

If you could anim something like that I would be greatly appreciative !   :D

Cheers

Rono

MOC_XIII

« Reply #21 on: 28 Feb 2005, 23:35:08 »
Ok. I will begin making these, and, oh yeah,
my email is:
seal4@excel.net
I know it is hidden but i will fix it now.
I will email them to u when i think their done. :gunman:
GOODBYE!

MOC_XIII

« Reply #22 on: 28 Feb 2005, 23:36:04 »
I forgot. Whats your email?  :-\

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #23 on: 01 Mar 2005, 01:04:03 »
rory@romad.com.au