Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Children to ofp?  (Read 2038 times)

fmsfms

Children to ofp?
« on: 08 Dec 2004, 19:31:35 »
Could anyone make a children in ofp? Or have somebody already did?

well here is few wishes :

1. Child have to can shoot.

2. And drive any vehicle

I know that you have to make all new animations but it will be worth it! ???

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Children to ofp?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Dec 2004, 19:56:56 »
You'd have to remake all animations, and trust me, that is neither fun, fast, easy or rewarding (due to the addon/mission-situation the OFP community is in) . I'd love to see it as well, but when you see how much time and skill it takes, you see it's almost impossible.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

bored_onion

« Reply #2 on: 08 Dec 2004, 20:51:05 »
seems a bit immoral to me. i mean, kids in warfare like in some countries in Africa where they kidnap kids and force them to fight in rebel forces in a civil war. just a thought...

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2004, 22:33:10 »
No. I don't think children is a good idea. It just seems a bit wrong.

Granted a realistic mission could probably use them, but I don't think its tasteful.

In the same way that Grand Theft Auto doesn't use children, Flashpoint shouldn't either.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 08 Dec 2004, 22:46:26 »
Fallout 2 included children. Good choice if you ask me. I have no problems with it morale-wise, as it can be used in other ways, but it just isn't worth the work.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Coldfire

« Reply #5 on: 09 Dec 2004, 00:26:57 »
there has been a long and interesting debate about the morality of Children in ofp (I would know, I started a thread about it  :P) and the general view (as far as I can tell) is that a addon of them should be made and those who wish to use them as child-soldiers can if they want to. After all, it happens in real life, just because we don't want to hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

fmsfms

« Reply #6 on: 09 Dec 2004, 06:33:55 »
I didn't ment them to fight... Well there is women in ofp so why not children? I cant do addons but if anyone can do it. I would be fun ec. Children is driving bike.

I hope someone tries to make this....

BronzeEagle

« Reply #7 on: 09 Dec 2004, 15:32:00 »
if children were wrong to exist we'd be born adults.  life is a war game.  You want to protect children start with your neighborhood.  Better them shot in the virtual world than the real one.    Four points for you, one per sentence as to why its not wrong.  It's just a game.  Maybe the cops will come bust you for shooting little billy in flashpoint huh?  Okay then theres your answer.   Quit tripping.    
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2004, 15:35:29 by BronzeEagle »

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #8 on: 09 Dec 2004, 17:08:30 »
this has been descused many times before with always the same result, no decision.
im going to init a vote(admin am i alowed to do this?)

if you believe that children should be used in operationflashpoint write
(yes) in your next post

if you believe children should not be used in operation flashpoint write (no) in your next post.

do not put any discussion in your vote(there is not a comment space on a voting balet.) :P

admin just stop me if im not alowed to do this because i think it is important. but if im not allowed i wont because i dont know if i am or not?

they will be counted up and then hopefully used to make a desision and give addon makers a go ahead or not.
also hopefully it will end all the arguments and discusion.
I hope you all vote and vote intelegently. do not be afraid to put yes or no.

i am going to remain neutral as i started the vote so i have to.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2004, 17:12:35 by penguinman »

Lean Bear

« Reply #9 on: 09 Dec 2004, 18:27:24 »
Here's the thread that Coldfire started.

That went on for ages....Nothing much happened regarding an addon though, it was really just a discussion.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #10 on: 09 Dec 2004, 20:46:11 »
BAS tonal upgrade has children in it, I think. If not then it was just very small, skinny rebels with guns  :gunman:
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Homefry31464

« Reply #11 on: 10 Dec 2004, 22:14:49 »
They weren't children I don't believe... just as you said small people.  :)

Matt Walter

« Reply #12 on: 11 Dec 2004, 17:33:40 »
I think it is a good idea. most of the reasons why i think it is ok have been made. But i am trying to start a civilian campaign (which no one has helping me with a story yet) and children would make the island...well more real, instead of the island are full of adults and the kids where all sent to "Kidland"...it is not that far from Everon. Also If in a game, you see a soviet soldier shoot a civilian man, you don't fell too bad and revengeful. Shooting a woman is getting very close but not close enough. If the soldier shoots a kid, you just want tp shoot that fu...guy. war is a horrable thing, so the more small factors you add (like children) can show more what war can be.

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #13 on: 15 Dec 2004, 17:13:49 »
i don't think the children should fight
it would be a good idea to have them for the game though
you could use them for hostage situations and city battles where you're trying to chase a terrorist through a school but kids get in the way
anyway the communists started up somethin called (i think) the pioneers which was (i think) a bit like the hitler youth

Echo5Hotel

« Reply #14 on: 20 Dec 2004, 15:19:58 »
Children fighting in the forces of rebel groups, insurgents and the like are a common occurance in the world no matter if you like it or not it is a fact.  I have thought about having them in OFP but I really do not care either way.  
The one thing you have to look at is what sort of public view point would result if children were included in the game.  There is a point where realism has to be tempered with common sense as well.  As I said, I really don't care one way or another but you always have to be concerned with what the general public thinks about it and lets face it, much of the public LOVES to blow things out of proportion.  When I was heavily into playing America's Army there was a lawyer trying to get the Army to shut the game down because it taught our kids how to be snipers...PLEASE!  There is a hell of alot more to sniping than clicking a mouse button.  But that makes my point.  The public loves to blow things out of proportion and before you do anything for the game you should consider what the reaction might be from outsidethe community.
There will be some idiot who creates a mission of nothing but children going into a school to have a firefight with other children or just a one sided turkey shoot ala Columbine (sp?).  Don't say it won't happen because there is always some idiot who will do something like this to be cute and then screws it up for everyone as the public outcries state that OFP promotes violence in schools and such.
Just think before you do something that may destroy somthing that you love.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2004, 15:22:09 by Echo5Hotel »