Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Double Rifles, It's Working  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
Double Rifles, It's Working
« on: 11 Dec 2004, 20:00:14 »
Alright we got a working Double Rifle Script  :thumbsup:

Only downside:
-takes about 20seconds to load initially (but thats only initially)
-You can't see the second weapon

However,  It works, you can edit the original weapon and ammo and once the scripts gets rolling switching between the guns is easy and quick.

Let me know what you think.

Improvements are welcomed  ;D

Later,

Blip  :joystick:
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2004, 02:24:58 by Blip »
...NIGHT WALKER....

bored_onion

Re:Double Rifles, It's Working
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2004, 20:55:14 »
it worked great for me and I can now hold more than one primary weapon. no ideas on how to make the gun rotate on the x axis... sorry :( is there a way of bypassing the get down and pick up animation or is that too inbuilt into the game engine?

nice script - it has a future but too advanced for me to suggest practical improvements

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2004, 21:47:52 »
Hey bored_onion-

For the moment there is no way around the waiting.  However, 30 seconds is not to bad if you get to carry two guns.  Also, thats why I put it here on the forum.  I am hoping some of the scripting elders can find a way to make it better.

I just played with it some more and its now even easier to use.  Just put [<unitname>] exec "gun.sqs" in the init field of your unit and after thirty seconds you will have access to double weapons.  Plus since most missions have some sort of intro, by the time you reach your insert, the script will be all setup and running.  ;D

It even works with MG's replacing a rifle/radio gear setup.  So you never actually drop your radio.

Later,

« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2004, 22:24:15 by Blip »
...NIGHT WALKER....

bootneckofficer

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2004, 23:36:11 »
hi  wat do u mean double rifles? do u mean arnie like running about or carrying another gun on ur back?

bootneckofficer

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2004, 01:57:34 »
I mean like running around with a gun on your back.  (expect the script doesn't show the extra gun)

BLIP
...NIGHT WALKER....

Bluelikeu

« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2004, 08:47:31 »
The only problem that i see with the script is that the ammunition, if a new clip is not used, stays the same, so that unlimited ammunition is possible. I know its impossible to change the ammount of ammunition in the clip, but maybe, you could check to see the number of times a bullet is fired, and then when the counter reaches 30, or something, remove 1 clip from the weapon holder.

Thanks,
Bluelikeu

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #6 on: 13 Dec 2004, 09:03:28 »
Hey bluelikeu-

Your going to have to give me some more info about the unlimited ammo.  ???
I played the example mission again and was able to expel all the ammo between the two guns switching off occasionally without having my ammo refilled.

I do realize that somebody could set it up so that the weaponholder contained an unreal amount of weapons and ammo, but I figured the person making the mission would only add what they saw to be realistic.

Also I am working on re-positioning the weaponholder when the player is in a helo cause the gun at the moment hovers half a meter under the helo.  On the ground you can't tell its there.  When you get in the air though it needs to be moved so it can't be seen.

Later,

Blip :joystick:
...NIGHT WALKER....

Bluelikeu

« Reply #7 on: 13 Dec 2004, 09:18:04 »
ok, so i checked it again. My mistake, i didin't know that the Hk's cartridge was being reloaded with bullets in other mags. Every time i switched weapons before finishing a clip, I assumed that the ammunition was being replaced.

Script works perfectly :D

Sorry bout that,
Bluelikeu
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2004, 09:19:04 by Bluelikeu »

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #8 on: 15 Dec 2004, 02:27:11 »
Well I am going to leave this up for a little while longer for testing.
I changed it so when you are in a vehicle the second gun is not visible.  But it is accessible as soon as you get out of the vehicle.  Can't get around the 30 second load, but most of the time there is an intro anyway so the script should have time to get up an running.

Later,

...NIGHT WALKER....

Bluelikeu

« Reply #9 on: 15 Dec 2004, 08:54:01 »
Just in-case anyone is wondering. It is impossible for the user to fix the problem with weaponholder. I've tried a throw at some random ideas to fix this problem, but they never work. For some reason, it will always take 30 seconds to create.

Thanks,
Bluelikeu

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #10 on: 15 Dec 2004, 20:11:47 »
Well I played a mission with this script this morning and had no problems.  Since nobody else is finding any bugs I am going to submit it so everyone can use it.

Thanks for testing it for me.  ;D

...NIGHT WALKER....

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #11 on: 18 Dec 2004, 17:23:42 »
Yup, works fine for me too
- Ben