Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Carmagadon  (Read 4248 times)

Sp00nY

Carmagadon
« on: 06 Dec 2004, 11:05:13 »
Remember that old game where you had to drive cars and smash everythings in the most insane derby ever!

Would be nice to recreate this in ofp!

Also Make one where ppl on foot who became zombies and take revenge over drivers who have to reach an harbor take place in a boat then escape to a lil island where unfortunately there is another bunch of zombies waiting for them.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:Carmagadon
« Reply #1 on: 08 Dec 2004, 21:14:15 »
I don't think that would work.  :-\

The problem is that, although it would be quite good, is that the OFP car take, say, 2 hits from another car before they stop working. You would end up walking most of the way. Unless you found a war to make the cars invinsible.....
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 08 Dec 2004, 22:08:31 »
Yea, OFP physichs f00ks up once again. Luckily, Superman is here to save us! Whoooo!! ;D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :Beat:

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #3 on: 09 Dec 2004, 08:36:01 »
Luckily, Superman is here to save us! Whoooo!! ;D

If thats true, I'll be wanting his autograph.  ;)
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2004, 08:36:26 by greg147 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2004, 01:32:54 »
I am sure if know how but maybe ill try to make such a mission after I finsihed my new role-playing mission that im soon adding to the beta test place.. It is possible to make anything invurnable.. You would make a script that runs if the unitname dies and you make it say unitname setdammage 0 3 times to ensure it is totally alife. But you can only run these kind of missions using this script in MP otherwise you see yourself alife in the "end" menu.  And you could make another script  that says that if a so-called zombie comes 1-1000 meters to the car that makes the other script end and set the dammage of the unit to 1.. These scripts are shown below altough im just a beginner scripter.. And by the way all the triggers that activate these scripts need highlight the whole area the player might be driving to or driving passed. I hope it gives somone an idea:

respawn.sqs:

Code: [Select]
_unitname = _this select 0

_unitname setdammage 0
_unitname setdammage 0
_unitname setdammage 0

exit

(im better at scripting than shown above but this extremely simple script works as well so ive chosen this )

and in the trigger:

Condition: not (alive unitname)

On Activation: [unitname] exec "respawn.sqs"

and here is the script that enables the zombies to kill you, altough its maybe a bit wrong someone could fix it:

zombieattack.sqs:

_zombiename = _this select 0
_unitname = _this select 1
;so on as much zombies you got e.g. 10 zombies

unitname  setdammage 1;<<<name of the driving unit
"HEAT120" camcreate GetPos unitname
"SHELL120" camcreate GetPos unitname
"maverick" camcreate GetPos target unitname
"VulcanCannon" camcreate GetPos unitname
hint "ha, ha, your dead!"

exit

and inside the trigger that activates this script:

Condition: (unitname distance zombie1 <3)

On Activation: [zombiename,unitname] exec "zombieattack.sqs"

this only makes 1 zombie make this happen but you can just make lots of triggers. I can not explain but if you want me to I will.. This post shouldnt be made too long  :P!

And 1 more script that prevents the zombies from killing you when you drive over the civillians and how they get created. But firstly you need to set a unit named zombie somewhere hidden away from you.. e.g. the other side of the island while there is a civillian named e.g. civillian1 that you will drive over so the zombie gets transferred to that place. And you will also need a game logic beside the zombie or atleast away from the player where the dead civillian will be transferred to named "zombieplace" or something like thatIf you dont understand me and are not a real good scripter I can explain it 2x as simpler but that will make this post too long so I can only explain it sepperatly. the script:

zombietransfer.sqs:

_civillianname = _this select 0
_zombiename = _this select 1
_zombieplace = _this select 2

~5
_zombiename setpos (getpos _civillianname)  

; im not sure if this ;works but the 100% sure way is eh... lost... I need to ;searh for it in my ofp mission list first... just try this!

~0.1 _civillianname setpos (_zombieplace)

;this does %100 work for game logics so this 1 is truely right!

exit

and in the trigger:

Condition: not (alive civillianname)
[civillianname,zombiename,zombieplace] exec "zombietransfer.sqs"

this is not the best way of explaining it but it should give somebody else an idea how to make the scripts.. to make the zombies follow the car is something else.. I dont know how to make the script for following.. There should be an addon called armstrong's suiciders and it has in it a script for making ai follow you and explode at a specific distance while it follows you.. try finding how to make something like this in this addon's script.. It contains 2 example mission.. pretty nice script made by somone! Ill try to make this "carmagedon" mission as soon as I complete my other cool mission but I cant promise anything!
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2004, 01:33:55 by OFPfreak »
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2004, 02:38:03 »
well you have the right idea..... but.....its going to be very ineffective....
better to use arrays and such. I don't have the time to work on it right now, but it isn't hard to do.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2004, 19:58:19 »
Luckily, Superman is here to save us! Whoooo!!

didnt you hear

superman died a little while ago. :'(

thats a shame, he was such a good actor. :-\

Lean Bear

« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2004, 19:41:04 »
To make the cars more durable, just make a new config for them (or a new addon using the BIS models).

Then change the armor of a normal car, to something more like a tank's. Simple.

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #8 on: 21 Dec 2004, 21:46:50 »
yea copy a config.bin and a config.cpp in your main operation flashpoint and make a directory named anything you want, then put a directory in that folder called bin and put the files in there (a new mod)! If you dont have a config.cpp there are some handy tools that allow you to convert config.bin's to config.cpp (editable configs) and when you find jeep, maybe a line like this:

.....};
   class Car: LandVehicle
   {
      //--
      mapSize = 5;

icon="car";
      displayName=$STR_DN_CAR;
      nameSound="car";
      accuracy=0.20;
      cost=40000;
      fuelCapacity=100;

unloadInCombat = true;
      canFloat=false;

armor=20; // total armor
      armorStructural=4.0; // very low structural dammage

driverCanSee = CanSeeEar+CanSeeEye;
      gunnerCanSee = CanSeeEye+CanSeeEar;.....
and you change the armor=20; // total armor to anything you want, e.g.  400 (tank armor)

I wonder why my posts are sometimes so complicated... nvm... its just me. :P ;D
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #9 on: 21 Dec 2004, 21:51:39 »
and eh.. to run the mod you copy the shortcut on your desktop or in the operation flashpoint folder and you name it e.g. yourmod and then right click, select shortcut and in that long line called target you add this on the end:

-mod=yourmod -nosplash

im not sure if its case-sensitive for your mod name but I wouldnt test it... -nosplash just makes all the logo's dissapear when you start OFP up.. now everytime you run this mod the things you change in the config happen.. Dont worry, if you run the original shortcuts it will be all plain and simple again! (with that I mean standard like it was unchanged) ;)
ofp nfs's homepage

Lean Bear

« Reply #10 on: 21 Dec 2004, 21:57:01 »
You might need something more along these lines (no offence freak)

"C:\VariousDirectories....\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=@ModName

And yes it is case sensitive.

You will need a folder in you OFP directory called @ModName and inside you put all your *new* configs etc.

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #11 on: 21 Dec 2004, 22:05:31 »
eh dont you need to put the config's of the mod into the ..../operationflashpoint/mod/bin directory?? Thought It didnt work otherwise.. hm ok since it does work... thx :o
ofp nfs's homepage

Lean Bear

« Reply #12 on: 21 Dec 2004, 22:09:16 »
Yeah, it works either way. If the config is the only thing in there it should still be fine. But if there are other things like new scripts then you'll need to divide it up into sub-directories. Like "bin", "dta" etc.

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #13 on: 21 Dec 2004, 23:44:46 »
Can you learn me some more how to do mod editing?? I dont use any tools so a suggestion to use this or that tool would be fine  ;) :)
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #14 on: 22 Dec 2004, 02:34:33 »
You might need something more along these lines (no offence freak)

Oh yea no offence.. u called me freak!
ofp nfs's homepage