Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: more dangerous aircraft  (Read 620 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
more dangerous aircraft
« on: 20 Nov 2004, 05:38:45 »
Does anybody know a way to just generaly make AI aircraft more dangerous to men on the ground. I looked in the script section but couldnt find anything.
right now on any island there is. if the player has no ammo for any weapons and there are forty of any kind of enemy aircraft all aware of him, and all w/ full skill, and everything possible to help them. they could not kill you if you did not want them to.  It is impossible for AI aircraft to kill the player unless he fires at them dosent move at all and waits for a while untill the enemy aircraft can aim at them, and even then the enemy aircraft rarly even fires at a person let alone hit them.

Is there a way that enemy aircraft will be able to easily kill men on the ground.
If this is not possible then how would I make a loop that contiuosly setposes an invisible east or west  IR target on the players possition?
If you dont know about this invis target then just tell me how to do it with a pallate, or somthing and il change the name.
thank you

Uldics

Re:more dangerous aircraft
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2004, 08:35:48 »
Adjusting height of the attacking plane can maybe help. I mean in good distance from the target get it flying high with flyinheight order at I dont know, what is max height of plane being able to see a soldier. Then when it is flying close enough (distance) order it to flyinheight as low as possible, i think it was 50 m. Then order it to target and attack the man on the ground. This way it will have a straight attacking line of flight as long as possible and could help with AI, to make him aim instead of adjusting height thereby breaking the possibility of hitting the target.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2004, 16:01:50 »
This works pretty good
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2004, 21:19:08 »
Woah! I better check that script out! I've also had trouble in the past with getting aircraft to attack men (mainly helos).
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2004, 03:34:14 »
well see I dont want to fool around with targets or scripts
I just want to make them more dangerous to infantry.

if there is no way to do it then i guess il just a script.
how would I make a setpos loop for an invisible target
to loop so it is on top of the player.

heres the specs:

Target: invisibleIRwesttarget, name:t1
unlucky victim: player, name:player
how often to setpos t1 on top of player: 2 secs

if sombody could make one to those specs then I would know what each part means and be able to make one my  self next time. :)
thanks ;D
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2004, 05:39:57 by penguinman »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2004, 03:55:30 »
There's no point in attaching the invisible target to the player, just get the enemy to target the player directly.

Aircraft are not good at targeting dismounted infantry, the only way to do it is with a script.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2004, 05:39:14 »
why is there no point in that? I thought it was a good idea

and also what script would that be?

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #7 on: 21 Nov 2004, 22:35:49 »
how would I make a setpos loop for an invisible target
to loop so it is on top of the player.

if sombody could make one to those specs then I would know what each part means and be able to make one my  self next time. :)
thanks ;D

#Loop
t1 setpos getpos player
~2
goto "Loop"
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Uldics

« Reply #8 on: 22 Nov 2004, 15:22:44 »
Or make a trigger:
Condition       --> player distance target > 5
On activation --> target setpos getpos player
Repeatedly

Syntacs not guaranteed, check command reference in editors depot. Maybe some ressource shark will say it will eat more ressources than a script, maybe the other way around. Not sure.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2004, 20:51:15 »
wow nice job baron and uldics, both of yours work great. but they make people shooting at them do different things. both are handy for different situations
thanks everybody else too. ;D