Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: lots of addon questions  (Read 1623 times)

dualation

lots of addon questions
« on: 10 May 2005, 17:11:38 »
ok first of all hi,im new to the forum but have been downloading from OFPEC for a while,anyway,here are my questions:

1.is there a good zombie mod/addon out there?i've searched the web but ive just got german/spanish/italian websites and when i searched here all the downloads were to dead links.

2.is there a flamethrower addon out there?im guessing it would be hell to make because off fire effects,making the only damage humans and not tanks and stuff like that.

3.FYI im not an addon maker,mod maker or script maker,infact i dont even know how to make a good mission in the editor!

4.would it be possible to upgrade the nuke scuds so that the leave a radiaton area that slowly kills you?

5.is there a good guide for total n00bs like me to help them make a good mission in the editor?ive tryed that uber reference guide but it just wouldn't let me downlooad,which brings me onto my next question...

5.5 if the uber reference guide is the only 1 then could somone tell me were i could download it without having to join a group or somthing?
and finally:

6.is it possible to make CQC weapons like knives and stuff like that?

thank you in advance for the anwsering my questions and remember,im new so don't be to hard on me please!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:lots of addon questions
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2005, 17:16:53 »
1. Yes, there is a Zombie Mod. Personally I don't like it so I can't say it's good but I understand the majority love it. :)
2. Yes, several. I can only recall one right now though, and that one was in the WH40K Mod.
3. Me neither, but don't tell anyone! ;D
4. Yeh, sure. Although I suggest you read a lil' about radiation. The time it takes for one to actually die by radiation is longer than any OFP player want to spend playing your mission. :P
5. Ask Macca, he's the über-dude on that stuff. He'll prolly be round here some time soon. ;)
5.5. Que? Ãœber Referance Guide?
6. Yup. Already done at least a dozen melee weapons. None are working very good though due to OFPs Engine sucking. :P

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2005, 18:07:03 »
Heres a flamethrower  ;)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3020

and...

Welcome to the forum!
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

dualation

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2005, 21:30:11 »
hey thanks for the flamethrower,havn't downloaded it because im on a usless 31.5 kbps internet conection modem thingy(im not that good at technical speak)but while checking the website i found a cool shotgun, V. useful for me as i love shotguns and i also found a crossbow,waahoo!! oh and i also have some more questions:
1.is it possible to make a script that would allow you to place a tag like in half-life,and if so is the script out there?
2.do all land vehicles have to have wheels/tracks?can you make a walking tank?
3.ok so there is a mod to give you the power to control the undead(MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!)atleast in OFP so were can i find an up-tp-date link,i tryed OFPEC but its all dead links(theres a joke in that somwere)
4.do you know of any other warhammer 40K weapons,vehicles and/or characters that are avalible?ive already got an imperial bolter and a pulse rifle
5.suicide pills,possible?(although why the hell you would wanna kill yourself on operation flashpoint i dont know)

anyway im off to watch this reality TV show about 10 people all becoming monks...man im bored

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2005, 21:40:00 »
original 5.     *a-hem*    Head over to the Editors Depot (link at the top of this page) - Tutorials - Getting Started.   There you will find everything you need.     The best place to start is with snYpirs OFPEC Guide: Making Missions and macguba's guide to mission editing for beginners, which includes a list of recommended tutorials.

Making a decent mission is much harder than it looks.   Don't expect it to happen quickly.   However you can have LOADS of fun making experimental missionettes in the editor, and that, along with reading tutes, is the best way to start.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2005, 22:25:22 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

dualation

« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2005, 20:01:20 »
thanks for the walking tanks,both are great but im looking for metal gear rex/ray(see pictures) and maby some MGS units aswell oh and im also decided to get hold of oxegen light so i can make some weapons(acually i wanna make a shotgun pistol and the pistol that judges use in 2000AD and the judge dread film)

anyway,id better go and instal the Oxygen viewer

http://zappa.tvu.ac.uk/00ALIM/metalgear_rex.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~fallen_blade/Metal_Gear_Ray_Sig.jpg