Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 1 bizzare prob.  (Read 753 times)

Sophion

1 bizzare prob.
« on: 31 Oct 2004, 23:15:11 »
This by far is the most bizzare thing i have witnessed...

Step 1 of doom
Create T80 with a inti line like so:
This setObjectTexture [0, "TextureThatIsRed.jpg"]

Step 2 of doom
Create a T80 (Resistance) beside it

Step 3 of doom
Click prview

report so far
when a click preview i find myself in front of the tanks, Where i placed myself.

But something totally unpreventable has happened. The T80 resistance has the color red instead of the defult green!

Step 4 of doom
So i get out of the mission and change the unit to something like a T72 (resistance). everything goes fine when i preview.

step 5 of doom
Now when i change the T80 to a T72, the T72 (resistance) does the same thing and has red instead of green!

DOOM
I change delete the init line for the T80 and preview to see if the T72 (resistance) is back to normal. Then i get this message:

Unable to load texture, Loading Failed

and it crashes!
(so nice for BIS to give pin-point accurate details on what whent wrong)

This is just the begining of my discovery, but i have a feeling that this might be a fatal virus lurking in the shadows of my computer.

But it may also be a bug in the SetObectTexture command

If anyone has any insight on how to fix this, it is greatly apreatiated

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
Re:1 bizzare prob.
« Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2004, 01:25:13 »
Wow, freakish. Another fickle thing of Operation Flashpoint. Just tried it and it didn't do that for me.

-Tyger

Freakish i tell you. I need a beer. That scared me.  :o
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 01 Nov 2004, 10:04:28 »
Good one.   ;D   Sounds like OFP being its usual fickle self.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Sophion

« Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2004, 23:31:59 »
No1 Have any ideas on how to fix this? this is really getting annoying.

PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I THROW THIS COMPUTER OUT OF A FIVE STORY WINDOW!!!

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2004, 23:39:23 »
try putting this in the resistance T72 init line
This setObjectTexture [0, "NameOfOriginalTexture.jpg"]

maybe that will work

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 03 Nov 2004, 23:46:36 »
Close OFP and reboot.    Clean up your addon and other folders.    (Ideally put all non-official addons in subfolders.)       Open OFP and create a new mission on the island in question.   Save.

Now open the mission with the problem.   Copy the parts that work.   Be very careful not to click anywhere near the problem area.    Whatever happens, do not copy anything from anywhere close to, or in any way related to, the problem area.   (Including AI units, static objects, triggers, waypoints and indeen the empty space around such things.)Paste into the new saved mission.  (Use an object lined up on a grid line to get everything in the right place.)    Copy script files, pictures, etc. into the new mission folder.   Save the new mission.    Delete the old mission.    Reboot.   Perform comprehensive computer maintenance, including defragging the disc.    If you really want to be safe reinstall OFP but it shouldn't be necessary.

Create a second new mission.    Place a single T80 and a player unit and make the setobjecttexture thing work.      Expand until you have created what you want, testing at every stage.    Check everything against the comref, twice.    Check the pic itself, twice.   Once it all works copy and paste into the mission.

In other words, treat the problem area of the mission as a virus.    Remove it and start again.   OFP goes mad sometimes:  I've had phantom objects that are invisible and don't exist, but once they are deleted the mission doesn't crash anymore.     Triggers that don't work until deleted and replaced by identical triggers are more common, though still rare.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Sophion

« Reply #6 on: 16 Nov 2004, 15:53:43 »
It worked! All i had to do was to reinstall OFP.

It was missing the Res strip image (thats why it was grey)

Thanks for the help :D