Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Why still Operation Flashpoint?  (Read 5106 times)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Why still Operation Flashpoint?
« Reply #15 on: 26 Oct 2004, 17:27:00 »
What Artak said. Plus that you can do anything. Everything from a real-life sim to a game of CTI.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

bn880

« Reply #16 on: 26 Oct 2004, 17:30:26 »
it worked for me, although the email she sent the reply on was pschmitz@gamestar.de

Also blocked  hehehe, ookay, time for a new e-mail source.  This is really annoying, I must send it now.  ;D

Offline Platoon Patton

• Members
  • "Barbecue" CreateVehicle getpos LLama
« Reply #17 on: 26 Oct 2004, 20:25:12 »
**There is still no alternative...several times ppl predicted the end of OFP,it is still the best warsimulator.No matter how big the hype (Soldner,Battlefield...)

**You can control almost everything,create everything,after 3 years you still learn every day or are suprised with what other ppl achieved.

**It has become more then "a game",we are a now a group of friends (in the clan) and form a close community (in the league),probably the oldest (average age) around.

**The atmosphere....(fantastic OFP music btw).The game gives U the feeling that the unit U controll is YOU.U are the most important,alltho U need to act as a team to achieve something (just like in RL;)

**No JIT (Join In Progress),ppl who like fast shooters or personal succes rather prefer other games.Only the teamplayers stay,providing in most cases "fair play and good games"

**OFP had (still has) bugs,hasnt got the nicest graphics nor the best netcode,but we can live with that (till OFP2) :)
http://www.platoon-clan.com/ We always wellcome dedicated OFP players :)

http://www.european-combat-league.com/index.php To play with us in the best OFP league ;)

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #18 on: 26 Oct 2004, 21:20:11 »
Most games can only have set hours of gameplay

You play it for say.....  3 months

you get board

Just the same shoot em ups...  :gunman: :joystick:

Same game   diffrent packet

OFP is diffrent. You can play it over and over and over .......... and over and over and not get board.

It's hard. But not frustrating.

There are hundreds of mods ... maps (which are BIG) ... missions

The AI is worth somthing to, unlike most games.

The best way to sum up OFP and i quote:
"Fight on foot or in tanks, fly planes or even direct an etire platoon, this game is total war- in your face and on a massive scale The graphics are an acquired taste but convey the sence of wide open warfare perfectly."

That was taken from PC zone (in its caption at the top of the A-list for 3D action/statagy)

It is one of the only games I've played that merges Stratagy and Shoot em ups.

I've rambled enough now. Just one more point. The commuinity is GREAT. Churnning out add-on after add-on and a HUGE knowlage base to help you if you get stuck. Very friendly mature people too with ages ranging from 11 up ward.  ;D

Hewwww.....  Glad I got that off my chest

Dubieman

« Reply #19 on: 26 Oct 2004, 21:56:44 »
Well I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon too.

Reasons I like OFP:

Check every post above. ;)

:cheers:

BigBonga

« Reply #20 on: 27 Oct 2004, 10:02:38 »
Shouldnt this thread be locked?
I mean it has nothing to do with ofpec comments and normally the mods would be on it in a flash :)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #21 on: 27 Oct 2004, 11:06:30 »
I think this is the exception that proves the rule.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

BigBonga

« Reply #22 on: 27 Oct 2004, 11:12:15 »
So in other words it is sometimes ok, based upon an analysis of the thread in question?
Or is it justbecause this one involves the media? :P

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 27 Oct 2004, 11:17:36 »
It's open because we want it open and it is a positive thread for the community as a whole.

If you have any issues with that, please IM me so that this thread is kept on course.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

blackjack

« Reply #24 on: 27 Oct 2004, 17:55:35 »
i play computer games since zx spectrum "chuckie egg". so after23 years of gaming experience, i realize that ofp is the game of my life  :-*. since the 1st ofp demo i played, i could find here all the important details for a sucessfull game. i always wished a game that could simulate a real batle scenario, and the most important...coop mode. u guys say almost every reasons before, but  i'll try to resume why i still play this game on a DAILY basis.
1- i only play coop and cti's,  cause i think that's how the game potential reveals best. as a genuine simulator u can recreat real missions,have diferent ways to beat a map(as reallity), many vehicles.

2- the surviving players are old enough to get worrie in improve skills, instead of getting a way to cheat(as all the cs and bang bang crappy games)

3- this game is so accurated that it was used by military trainings. this is not bullshit. in my group we had some requests for feedback of some maps. those maps were used to real training of us army. they use vbs now, so ofp is just for civil purposes now (relief..)

4-u have the total friedom to creat buildings ,vehicles, weapons,
animations ,intro's ..i guess the other games are quite limited on that..

5-i belong to the vetsquad comunity for 3 years, and all those plp there still plays the game by the fun it still brings... i dont expect that ofp2 can solve everything that is very bad in ofp...i just hope they dont screw the gameplay with eyecandy fx all over the place, and unimprove playability. instead they shoud work in the multyplayer side. u should be able to join a runing game if the admin lets you to. the desync still happens a lot, when diferent configs are runniing. and an addon selector for the player, so that u can join a game with the "pbo's" u wish...just thougts..

BigBonga

« Reply #25 on: 27 Oct 2004, 18:04:53 »
Noon: OK :)

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #26 on: 03 Nov 2004, 13:41:57 »
         All hail the bandwagon
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline m6zero

• Members
  • The AAVP7A1 Crew Chief from HELL! Semper Fi!
« Reply #27 on: 04 Nov 2004, 08:12:57 »
I've had Operation Flashpoint for quite a while now and beat the game. I thought "hey, that was a good game. Maybe I can write a few missions in the editor and have some fun." Well, I've been doing my own missions in the game since then and never lost my interest in it. It wasn't until a few days ago that I found this web site and the knowledge that I'm getting from it is making the game like crack. I never even imagined that the game could do a fraction of the stuff some of these guys are making it do.

Why I like the game so much is that reason, but more than that, the realistic aspects of everything. I am, and I know others on this site, are former or current military personnel who can tell you that the aspects of this game are realistic in the respect that grenades and missiles and bullets and what not are pretty accurately portrayed in this game. That combined with being able to make just about anything you want happen, it beats out any other game to me
You know what I hated most about the war in Iraq? My magazine emptied at the most inconvinient times!

Hellcow

« Reply #28 on: 07 Nov 2004, 05:23:46 »
This was my Email to her, I hope she got it.
Let me know if you agree with me.

Hello, My name is Mark H.

As a Gamer, i look for Realisim in a game, both tactical, and physics (Flying, shooting, Damage.) And sofar, Operation Flashpoint is the only one that Does it all. Battle Field Vietnam, or 1942 can hold a candle to the potential to OFP. It is a game for those who love to work toghether, and act as one.

I was once in a online Clan, We were playing a mission against another clan, the objective was for the U.S. Team, (my team) to Rescue a downed Pilot. The Russian team, to Capture him, First to it was not the winner however. Aslong as the opposing team didnt reach a certian trigger point in the Game, the mission was not over.

My team was able to Parachute out of a CH-47 Helicopter, and work as a team, with one being the leader, or Captian, who would give the others, waypoints, move, cover, and fire orders.
If you show me a game that was better than that in tactical realism, I will put down my Copy of OFP. But i do not belive you can.

djackl

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jan 2005, 18:44:57 »
Well? Has anybody seen this article?