Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Move to xx xx"?  (Read 581 times)

RDX

"Move to xx xx"?
« on: 23 Oct 2004, 22:52:39 »
This has nothing to do with editing but I hope you will answer the question anyway.

What does it mean when you have been given the order "move to 01 23"? What dose the numbers mean?

Offline C0LDSt33L

• Members
  • Member of the SotM Team
Re:"Move to xx xx"?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2004, 23:19:50 »
The numbers are the position to which you should move. Each island is divided into large squares. These run along from alpha up to around juliut and up from 1 to around 9.

ie
    a  b  c  d  e  f  j

The square you are in is named by the letter across and then the number up eg bravo 4

These squares are then divided into smaller squares named in the same way
ie the alpha square looks like this:

aa  ab  ...  af  ag
09                      X

Therefore when you are at X you are said to be at Alpha Fox 26

That's everything I know unfortunately  :-\. If someone orders you to a point like 01 23 then a waypoint should come up that you can follow. It could be numbered in the same way the others are but i dunno.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2004, 23:42:30 by C0LDSt33L »

Cpt. Red Nain

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2004, 01:08:19 »
When your squadleader tells you to move to "2-45", it means you have to move 45 meters in the 2 o'clock direction... Simple isn't it?  ;D

In your example, you must walk/run/crawl/drive/etc. for 23 meters, at your 1 o'clock. But if this spot was near a building or a tree, your squadleader would say "Move to Bush/House/Building/Whatever, 1 o'clock!"

Do u c what i mean??

RDX

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2004, 01:29:06 »
I have thought of the clock, distance solution, but I'm pretty shore that I  have seen the first number greater than 12. I will check this out, and report back if I am wrong.

ps. I appreciate the fast response, without you people OFP wouldn't be as great that it is :).

Sophion

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2004, 01:55:13 »
*sighs*

All it means is to travel (obviously)

EX: Move to 23 05

the 23 is to face the heading (in hundreds, so in this case it ranges between a heading of 230-239).

the 05 means to move 50 meters in that direction (again in hundreds, so in this case it ranges between 50-59m).

all you have to do is to look at your compass and count steps (1 step is aprox. 1 meter).

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2004, 12:56:30 »
Sophion-Black is correct.

18 20

would be 200m due south.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play