Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: review under-way  (Read 1686 times)

Comrade Joe

review under-way
« on: 28 Sep 2004, 19:20:04 »
I think it would be nice to have a short list under pending missions that shows which missions are currently being reviewed/played by a reviewer.  

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:review under-way
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2004, 21:05:59 »
At least on my last mission, when I hit "edit", there was a comment by the reviewer that said "I'll take this one". But actually that woudl be a good idea, because that way everyone would be able to see how reviews are progressing.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2004, 23:39:12 »
Yes, it would be nice indeed.  :)
Not all is lost.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2004, 23:49:13 »
I've just checked and the backlog on SP missions is about six weeks.   So you submitted more than about six weeks ago, somebody is looking at your mission in some way, shape or form, or possibly waiting to hear back from you.

If you submitted less than about six weeks ago then your mission is something the reviewers still have to look forward to.  

Six weeks sounds like a lot but it's a short time compared to how long it takes to create a good mission.   Also it's the best it's ever been since.... well probably ever.

The backlog is longer for MP because of the greater difficulties of reviewing same.

If you want to check whether your mission is under review follow General Barron's suggestion and see if there is anything in pending comments.    If it's blank, the mission has not yet been taken under review.

And I concur, it would be nice to be able to see what was where.   Trickier than it sounds to implement though, and then you have all the complications of what about missions where there is a fault and the author has been contacted but hasn't replied, etc., etc..
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Comrade Joe

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2004, 18:54:20 »
Ok, then a simple comment "Im gonna review this mission" will do :) .

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2004, 20:53:57 »
At least on my last mission, when I hit "edit", there was a comment by the reviewer that said "I'll take this one". But actually that woudl be a good idea, because that way everyone would be able to see how reviews are progressing.

Yep, I tend to fill up the comments section with useless stuff like that ;)
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2004, 20:54:10 by MachoMan »
Get those missions out there you morons!

Comrade Joe

« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2004, 18:11:53 »
A good idea would be to make it so you wont be able to submit a new mission if there are already 20 missions pending. That way, situations like missions pending for months will be avoided.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2004, 18:22:42 »
Well, Pending missions can be downloaded and played ... and people can make Comments if they find any problems.    I don't see who benefits if missions can't be uploaded.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Comrade Joe

« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2004, 23:17:51 »
Perhaps...it will make traffic a little smoother? And i think that 90% of those who visit the OFPEC download missions that have been reviewed so that they wont waste their time d/loading a bad/faulty/unenjoyable mission.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2004, 18:38:22 »
So what you mean is that if I have a mission which is done, but there is a lot of missions pending in OFPEC, I will have to wait...and every time I want to submit my mission someone else have been there and submitted, so I have to wait a bit more. And this continues for...let's say...2 months? And I don't think it will make the traffic any smoother...don't think it is THAT many DL pending missions...so I don't really see any good sides in setting a limit on pending missons...