Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: from addons 2 less addons used  (Read 1184 times)

Commando

from addons 2 less addons used
« on: 05 May 2005, 15:05:29 »
Got a mission thats nearly done, its still going through some intense beta testing to try to tweak it to perfection and a possible ofpec release one day but the thing is im going to have 2 versions of the mission, one that is the full version wich uses a numbver of popular addons for soldiers and objects, buildings.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and then we have the light version or V2  ;D
the thing is i want it to use less addons , but im having some trouble making my mind up there what to replace / remove  :P
currently the mission uses LSR us deltas and weapons pack , jam 2 , earl and suchey digital grenades marines assault pack as opfor, mapfact barracken and mapfact airport objects.
mission is set on nogova

should i replace everything with BIS original or make the us forces to marines force recon that are a part of the marines assault pack?

AHMzzz

Re:from addons 2 less addons used
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2005, 20:20:20 »
If it was up to me I would replace both frindlies and enemys with jam2 men ;D  but then again many people prefer original BIS units over everything else......

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2005, 20:23:58 »
I'm a great believer in simplicity.    Make one version as addon-heavy as you like:  the other as addon free as possible.    There is no virtue in the middle ground.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Commando

« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2005, 21:42:06 »
The great Macguba has spoken!  :)
btw Macguba pm me if you want a beta version of the unit addons version or the version that will use 99% bis stuff, i can't remove editor update and mapfact buildings  ;D
they are the sole of my airbase really  ;) + some of their buildings are stashed away at some other places around the island too that comes to use.  :)
jam2 version sounds like fun, but the thing is that my 2.0 gig hertz 1024 mb ram memory comp. lags away when there are jam hd weapons fireing and i promised a buddy that i was going to make a lag free mission this time  ;D
i went so far as let him delete two dozens of soldiers that he just thought lagged down the mission... well voila it actually worked of reduzing around 20'ish russians only  :o
but some parts of the mission is now both easier and more difficult & slightly more random  :D like waiting for a convoy 2 pass and suddenly some other trucks drive through the cross roads that aren't part of the convoy and sees you and well shit breaks loose  ;)
or like sometimes , passing the first objective without loosing one soldier  ;D
thx for feedback guys , but i'll go with macgtubas idea but with keeping the addon buildings for some of the feeling in the mission.

update! I got the almost no addons version done by now, i narrowed it down to mapfact buildings and editorupdate only, so i skipped jam 2  ;) but the good news is that i'll add a little bit of xtra spark n fx to the mission and then its done for release, hopefully by the end of the next week..
[/color]
« Last Edit: 06 May 2005, 00:56:08 by Commando »