Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Embassy Addon  (Read 21316 times)

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
Re:Embassy Addon
« Reply #135 on: 10 Oct 2004, 13:38:56 »
Not really. I just sketched it out as a building originally for Trainz over two years ago.. Never made it to trains and was in OFP on my comp un textured. Now I've added a lot of DIB functions to  it.
Here's the latest addition to the armory: A fully functionable M60 rack

Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Sophion

« Reply #136 on: 11 Oct 2004, 21:36:18 »
Hehehehehe!

N.I.C.E.  :thumbsup:

Did you put in a sniper inplacement? Don't forget that!

<+> how much lag is the game going to put out with that fully fuctional armory? try to make it well, small. there's no point in having 50 M16s, 40 M60s and 12 M16/203s when there's only going to be 5 people playing with it. The rack you show looks like a better model than the one in the house. Why have 6 racks of 12? just 5 racks with 5 (XMS, G36, M16, M16/203, M60).

Oh! good idea! pistol rack! ah-ha!

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #137 on: 12 Oct 2004, 02:21:31 »
Hehehehehe!

N.I.C.E.  :thumbsup:

Did you put in a sniper inplacement? Don't forget that!

<+> how much lag is the game going to put out with that fully fuctional armory? try to make it well, small. there's no point in having 50 M16s, 40 M60s and 12 M16/203s when there's only going to be 5 people playing with it. The rack you show looks like a better model than the one in the house. Why have 6 racks of 12? just 5 racks with 5 (XMS, G36, M16, M16/203, M60).

Oh! good idea! pistol rack! ah-ha!

Actually there is no significant lag even with the emabassy and its full contingent of 400+ breakable panes of glass.

The M16 and M60 dont slow the  game either. The scripts for both dont kcik in until the player is right beside them, and if a player for example has a M16 already then the M16 scripts will only ask if the player wishes to place the weapon on the rack, same with the M60 rack. Only the 0 LOD has high detail weapons placed.

Regardless of how many people are playing the game the idea is to represent an armoury that would exist if there were 200+ people work at the embassy :)

The racks use a random number of weapons added at runtime, so at any given time not all racks would be fully stocked.

The M16 and M60 racks are modelled from actual racks that are/were available for those weapons.

Yes there will be a pistol rack, a couple of sniper rifles, a .50 cal and placeable tripod, a case or two of grenades, some packets of demolition C4, a crate with LAW or equivalent, plus M16/grenade launchers. Oh and the 6 racks of 12 M16s will be changed at the moment 3 of those racks are placeholders for other weapon racks.

The roof area of the embassy is designed for snipers  ;D
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2004, 02:22:52 by Colonel_Klink »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #138 on: 12 Oct 2004, 14:43:42 »
Hmm, how MP compatible is all this stuff..?
With a vehicle respawn script I wrote not long ago (For my squads training island map), everytime the vehicle was destroyed, it made a new one back at the base.. On each computer..
So if 3 people were playing, I got 3 new helis etc..
Is the same thing true with the DIB breaking glass (There is code you can put in to check if it's the server.. But I can't for the life of me remeber it.. But thats not the point :P)

On a lsighty more on topic subject.. When you gonan release the info on the DIB stuff?
 :-*
:P
- Ben
Oh, btw/edit, what weapons are they that you'r using? And will the be compatible with the likes of OFP Y2K mod etc? (That replace the BIS models)?
Edit 2  ::) - Isn't there a limit to the ammout of Geo Lods or one of the others (Fire lod posisbly) that you can have? I read somewhere.. How did you get round that? Spliting the embasy up into differeny buildings?
Thats the last edit.. For now :) Just though I'd ask some stuff instead of the "wow that nice" stuff I've said before :P Anyway, thats enough typing for now..
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2004, 14:48:57 by DBR_ONIX »

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #139 on: 13 Oct 2004, 08:21:18 »
At the moment the development is only being tested on a single machine. MP testing will be closer to release time, which is quite a way off yet.

Weapons will be compatable with the Y2K3 mod and possibly retro OFP.

No problem with geo or any other lod at the moment :) but then its early days  ;D

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #140 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:27:18 »
O2 screen shot of the M1911a gun rack.
Cabinet opens and closes, has a random of 12 weapons which can be removed or replaced. Magazines are separate on another rack.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2004, 12:28:26 by Colonel_Klink »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #141 on: 14 Oct 2004, 19:39:49 »
Nice :)

At the moment the development is only being tested on a single machine. MP testing will be closer to release time,
If ya need any help with MP testing... :P

which is quite a way off yet.
:'(
A beta gonna released for us all to stare at?  :)

No problem with geo or any other lod at the moment :) but then its early days  ;D
That limit to the ammount of stuff in some lods must be rubbish then ::)

Good luck tho ;)
- Ben

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #142 on: 14 Oct 2004, 22:38:50 »
That limit to the ammount of stuff in some lods must be rubbish then

Not quite what I meant :) there are limits in the geo lod which I have overcome by using multiparts for the main buildings and using DIB to place other objects that have their own lods etc.