Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hi. My mission has been deleted.  (Read 1570 times)

Olphy

Hi. My mission has been deleted.
« on: 10 Nov 2004, 23:18:40 »
Hi.

I submitted a mission a while back, which has been languishing in the bottom of the Unreviewed Mission Index since September. I checked back today to find to my horror that it has been deleted.

Whats happened here peeps, it was perfectly functional and I had worked hard on it! :(

Homefry31464

Re:Hi. My mission has been deleted.
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2004, 23:21:45 »
What was the name of the mission mate?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2004, 09:01:19 »
Yes, what's the name of the mission? Was it single- or multiplayer?

No mission gets deleted without it being against our submission rules or unplayable. And even still, we always send e-mail or an IM to the author first asking him to fix the submission.

So, if you haven't received this kind of e-mail or IM, then there's a good chance your mission is still in the depot.. or something very mysterious has happened to it.
Not all is lost.

Olphy

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2004, 10:26:57 »
Well it was a Single Player. The name was Operation Redknight. There was two versions of it but one was'nt working, so I asked for that to be deleted and it was. The second one worked fine. Now that ones gone.

I've tried to resubmit but I'm having a slight cafuffle in doing so. :(

I've just double checked and its not there, any ideas boys?
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2004, 10:32:18 by Bazzer »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2004, 10:52:21 »
11th mission bug?

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2004, 11:06:02 »
No, I shot that bug down.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2004, 13:14:34 »
Operation Redknight was deleted on request by the author on September 9th.

Operation Redknight (Lower Spec version) was deleted because of no links to needed addons provided in the readme and in the submission details on October 15th.

It is in our policy to inform the author when his mission cannot be reviewed and is about to be deleted, so he can have an opportunity to fix it. Maybe for somereason this contact was not made (?).

You should be able to resubmit the mission with no problems (with the addon information fixed obviously). If your connection gets timed out or some other errors happen, try the FTP upload method. The FTP submission tends to work a bit better than the HTTP one.
If you then continue to have problems submitting, contact me with an Instant Message and we'll try to work it out together.  :)
Not all is lost.

Olphy

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2004, 13:51:40 »
Ooops my bad.

Is there anyway you could send me the mission info off of the download for me to save me writing it all out again,

Thanks.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2004, 16:59:43 »
What? where? how? who? no..

All I've got left of the two submission are the facts above. All the other stuff is gone forever, so I'm afraid you'll have to write it all over again, if that's what you mean.  :-X

Maybe you could save the info in a txt file. If the submission doesn't work for some reason you can just copy/paste and try again.

The submission rules are here
Not all is lost.

Olphy

« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2004, 19:27:12 »
O.K, thanks... :)