Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Blackhawk Down" script  (Read 935 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
"Blackhawk Down" script
« on: 01 Oct 2004, 04:56:39 »
hello,
I know ive been posting alot latly but im very ocupied on a campaign,anyways
I was wondering does anyone know of a script that will cause a chopper when hit(but not bad enough that it explodes. Just so that the crew bails out and the chopper falls to the ground then explodes.) to not have the crew bail but have the chopper go into a spin(not a roll) while at the same time loosing altitude and landing on the ground without exploding but killing or injuring the crew. if anyone has seen the movie Blackhawk Down, (in the part where the second blackhawk goes down.) they will know what I mean.
                                    thanks

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:"Blackhawk Down" script
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2004, 06:03:00 »
Where did you look? I'm assuming you searched the editor's depot first, right? There are a couple in there, I believe; most likely under the "airborn craft" section. Or search for "tail rotor failure".

Remember--always search first!
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2004, 06:09:36 »
Hi
yes I did search, befor I posted but nothing.
do you think it would be that hard to make because i am not a good scripter.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2004, 06:12:35 »
What did you search for? I just told you to try searching for "tail rotor failure"; I just did, and this is what I got:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?browseon=&browsewhat=2&category=2_4&subcategory=2_4&numreturn=25&displayformat=0&ofpv=1&searchstring=tail+rotor+failure&searchwhat=1&searchlevel=0&searchopts=

EDIT

I'd suggest the one by Vectorboson, because it uses resistance scripting commands, like particle effects, so it will look and work better.
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2004, 06:14:40 by General Barron »
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2004, 06:20:20 »
Hello
Sorry about that one I tried serching it again right after i posted and found it,
I had the show search results set funny really sry bout that one

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2004, 06:24:51 »
No worries :)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2004, 15:53:37 »
That link kinda mucks up the layout
use
Link descrip
Thats exaxt, I disabled code in this post

Anyway, that script just doesn't look "right".. It's to like its on rails..
Any imporved versions?  :-*
- Ben

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #7 on: 04 Oct 2004, 02:39:13 »
I don't know if you can really make a more realistic looking script. Problem is, said scripts usually use the "setdir" command, which has the side effect of making the unit be perfectly straight/parallel to the ground, in addition to setting their heading. Maybe there is a way you can use 'setvelocity' to make a helo spin around without levelling like that, but I don't know if that is possible. Or perhaps you could "throw" invisible objects at the tail of the helo, using the collision to make it spin.....

But these are all just thoughts, and would likely be difficult to implement. So I don't think there is a better looking script out there.  :-\

madmodder2k4

« Reply #8 on: 04 Oct 2004, 10:44:40 »
the mogadishu map by sgt.gunnery highway has an menu movie where the helicopter spins out of control heading to the ground and slams into it,the men don't bail out and the chopper won't explode,you can find the script inside called tailrotor.sqs or something like that,you might want to give it a try.???