Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: random scenes i'd like to see in flashpoint.  (Read 4526 times)

djackl

Re:random scenes i'd like to see in flashpoint.
« Reply #15 on: 23 Sep 2004, 00:05:38 »
well, nice to know that u guys will have confidence in our ofp movie when we get round to making it  :-[

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2004, 13:00:24 »
What about a simple, take the hill mission, but with group respawn and sround 30 guys on each side, so it would be pretty hard to take or defend the hill.

Gooner861

« Reply #17 on: 23 Sep 2004, 17:59:48 »
In my opinion if u want to have a good mission with a good story u gotta have cutscenes. IMO missions without cutscenes or poorly made cutscenes, make it harder for me to get into the story/ plot of the mission.

I cant just click and play a mission, i gotta see a good cutscene first.

I'm not saying missions without cutscenes are bad at all, sum of the actual missions are brilliant, its just i feel the maker should put the effort in to make a nice cutscene to tell the main plot.

Cheers

Gooner

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #18 on: 23 Sep 2004, 18:07:24 »
In my opinion if u want to have a good mission with a good story u gotta have cutscenes.

I suspect everybody agrees with that.

@djackl, if you want to make an OFP movie go right ahead.  :thumbsup:    If it's good I'll enjoy watching it.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #19 on: 25 Sep 2004, 04:37:00 »
@Macca

The movie has already been started (I think). Me, Djackl, Gooner, PaulRPG, Orangeleader (i think thats everyone) will be working on it. We havnt really been doing that much about it - although it should be coming along nicely soon ;D

BronzeEagle

« Reply #20 on: 29 Sep 2004, 21:07:34 »
Spec Ops 1: I think it'd be cool to do a modern day techno thriller kinda like ghost in the shell where a spec ops unit has to capture a computer hacker who is trying to shut down the internet from Brazil where hacking is allowed up until you're caught doing something actually wrong.  You might say why not bust him diplomatically, well if you're the story writer you're going to have to solve that yourself.  If it were me i'd say that Brazil isn't cooperating or something or is either letting you have the say in the matter.  

Spec Ops 2: another cool mission would be the security of a scientific unit out to investigate unusual radiation around the area of where the 6th Broken Arrow on the list of the 11 recorded in the history of the united states is possibly located.  It happens to be in foreign waters or something, so its a black operation.  Niiiice eh?  Maybe you encounter a terrorist unit trying to lift it up.  
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2004, 21:24:18 by BronzeEagle »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #21 on: 07 Oct 2004, 21:22:18 »
1.  Any idea where you see the special forces move out from getting into the plane/chopper to arriving at the objective, doing their job, asking for reinforcements, holding the objective till the main force arrives or evacuating whichever the egress calls for.  

2.  it'd be cool to have a situation where you're dug in and the enemy is on the surrounding cliff and outnumbering you all lined up.  Then all of a sudden reinforcements arrive.  After you all leave, an A-10 comes in and blows up the crashed chopper you came in.  

BronzeEagle

« Reply #22 on: 24 Oct 2004, 21:18:24 »
Here goes a mission:  You are a delta force team in Iraq setting up covertly at the home of a foreign aid worker who must be protected since his life is at risk.  He's refused to leave the area, so the mission orders have changed and thats what you're doing.  Its night time and you're sitting in the vehicle at the house and the insurgents open fire on your vehicle and thats the start of the mission.  Cool, huh?!   ;D  I just thought of that one coming home from church today.  
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2004, 21:22:10 by BronzeEagle »

djackl

« Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 2004, 22:08:10 »
whoever mentioned having a MGer taking loads of men down and stuff (i think it was in the first post) then ur dreams are about to come true, it is officially written into the script in the movie :D

BronzeEagle

« Reply #24 on: 24 Oct 2004, 22:25:50 »
lol, YEAH BABY!  I hope he's all like "you guys get outta here" and they're all like no you come with us and he goes "no, go, ill hold them off"  and they run and look back and he's all "RAHHHHHHHH!" and unloading on them and then they look back and he's riddled to shreds and like "aaarrrrghhhh!" and then your friend running with you is like keep moving.  

djackl

« Reply #25 on: 24 Oct 2004, 22:41:35 »
yup its all that and more!, but ull have to wait for the movie to see!

BronzeEagle

« Reply #26 on: 28 Oct 2004, 02:28:40 »
as long as it takes, i gotta see that.

MuSe

« Reply #27 on: 30 Oct 2004, 15:19:48 »
Or how about your being chased by hordes of russian soldiers through a forest and you've only got half a magazine left yet you got 4 miles to run to the extraction point. But then again the AI isn't excellent at navigating through woodland sections of the islands so it wouldnt really be dramatic, tense or scary. In fact, forget what i just said. :P

BronzeEagle

« Reply #28 on: 19 Nov 2004, 05:49:04 »
I got some night ideas.  I just got done playing with lasers deltas and came up with these ideas.  Go see the (S) Delta CQB and you'll see that he is built for night rescue, or night sabotage.  Wouldn't it be neat if you could make a mission where you had to set things up the wrong way for the enemy before daylight, then when daylight comes they wake up and do their thing and get in their vehicles and all their vehicles explode?  Even better if you and a few friends sneak your way into a jail to bust your buddy out?  Stealing missions in ofp used to be possible for me, back when I had a tutorial and everything, made it plain as day, sent it into ofpec, never saw it up, and now that i need it i can't find it.  Daytime missions are okay because they're noisy and lots of explosions, but the night missions are always fun to do as well.  It just feels good to own the night.  Of course in reality, silencers aren't that quiet.   If any of you can help me make a mission where men come up out of their house at daytime to get in their vehicles and the sun rises and everything and you have set their vehicles up to explode, or know of a mission similiar please tell me.  That'd be off the hook.  Thanks.        
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2004, 05:52:10 by BronzeEagle »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #29 on: 27 Dec 2004, 01:46:56 »
The best missions are the one where you don't know what to expect.  I'd like for the briefing to simply read the name of your code of conduct, then some notes as to some non playable characters you might miss, then you get in the mission and just follow a commander who often talks n stuff and tells you what to do but your job is basically just to fall in.  That's the best types of missions to me because it adds to the mystery of who's going to die or where you're going to go, but this is single player im talking about.  Realistically, in the field noone is going to write up a briefing note for your little notepad for every single mission you go on.  That's why I like this method of just going and following the rest of the group.  

now here's one for multiplayer:
you're marching and in the far distance an enemy infantry patrol comes up, you engage them, they do what they do, and all of a sudden they got a tank backing them up.  Its now or never, will the tank win, or you?
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2004, 02:15:31 by BronzeEagle »