Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New OFPEC site Idea  (Read 5416 times)

veston pants

Re:New OFPEC site Idea
« Reply #30 on: 17 Sep 2004, 17:53:16 »
I think that your idea for a completely new learning system is a must Nightjay, I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to get mission building off the ground and even tho' the tutes and peeps on forums are very helpfull, to a complete noob the transfer from basic mission design to intermediate level seems to have skipped right over my head. Now I'm not saying I'm totally stoopid  :P, I feel I can grasp anything if there is enough info. available on the subject (prhaps I'm reading the wrong tutes), but I have reached a point where my learning has gone from knowing what I'm doing in basic mission building, to battering my head when it comes to scripting ???

I think there should deffo be a learning curve that focuses solely on this aspect as it is a major part in the construct of any decent mission building.

Everything else I've seen from briefing creation to cutscenes is pretty well covered and even I've got the basic grasp of those, and it's a shame that for me personally the scripting section seems far too overwhelming at the mo to be able to create.

The possibilities for being artistic in a war sim may sound a little ridiculous, but the potential for making truly absorbing scenarios is there, if only implementing them were a little clearer.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #31 on: 17 Sep 2004, 19:45:19 »
Veston Pants~
I know what you mean..I barely even know good scripting. Which is why i"m going to start off this training center deal and then OFPEC is most likely going to help out with the rest, they just want to see how to impliment it into there site..Also..I need help, check out the recruitment depot if your interested in helping me build this training center.. ;D
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

veston pants

« Reply #32 on: 19 Sep 2004, 23:28:23 »
lol...i wish I could help m8..

unfortunately I'd be about as much use as a tats on a bull innit..

tho' I could point any peeps wiv questions in the direction of macguba...I'm sure he wouldn't mind.. :)

I'm sure alot of peeps on the forum wouldn't mind helping out in their spare time either...just ask...they can only say yes/no innit..

goodluck..

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #33 on: 10 Nov 2004, 03:41:21 »
uhhh... progress?
or has this joined the hundreds of other great ideas in the "lost interest"  :P section?

if this is still going, i'll put in my 2 cents:
about the interactive thing, that is already provided by OFPEC. In fact, you're in it right now...
This, though it is a wonderful idea, is not going to be very effective but for a few months as knowledge of ofp editing is constantly growing... so you would need more staff to keep it up to date...unless it was all left to nightjay (which is not very nice)...in which case he would have trouble with it because he already said he doesn't know much about.

I would suggest adding a board on the forums just for this, which the entire community would keep accurate.
on the board you could have threads on general topics of different kinds of editing, each starting with a basic tute, and then everyone can add what they want(as long as it's on topic), talk about everything, ask questions, etc.