Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New OFPEC site Idea  (Read 5417 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re:New OFPEC site Idea
« Reply #15 on: 08 Sep 2004, 23:11:00 »
MacGuba~
Thank you very much for your approval. Not a problem about making the first couple of tutorials. Then I can design them how exactly I want them to be and I'll probably need some help, with HTML and java if java has to be used. Also, it doesn't have to override the existing editors section. It can be a completely new section. Also, I think I'm going to try and recruit some people in the recruitment depot for some help. I don't know a deadline on when I'll get you the first 2 tutorials on this, but the first tutorial is going to be introducing mission editing, and then the 2nd one will be introducing "units". And how to use them, this will be a great resource for this site, thanks again, I'll get to work on it, and any more comments or ideas are still being accepted.
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

HOBOMAN

« Reply #16 on: 09 Sep 2004, 04:16:26 »
nice idea

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 09 Sep 2004, 11:30:48 »
I believe this is where I'm supposed to say good idea, but.. at the moment.. not enough resources.. OFP2.. at the end of the day..
;)

If you can get the first couple of tutorials done, we can then see how it will all fit together and what needs doing.
Until then, it's a little hard to estimate the workload required, so I won't pass judgement till then.
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2004, 11:31:31 by Noon416 »
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #18 on: 09 Sep 2004, 14:02:03 »
Noon~
Okay, yeah I'll get the first couple under way. I can't say an estimate time on how long it will take. Thanks you guys for your persmission again. Now to sort out some confusing.

Some people have said they "dont like the interactive part". As in the progress reports about us emailing you on your progress and things, and sending you missions to make to see how far you are. It's actually not required, it would be "YOUR" choice if you want to keep track of your progresss, other wise, you don't have to bother with it. Hope we got that clear.

veston pants

« Reply #19 on: 09 Sep 2004, 14:57:08 »
Now we all know that mission editing for "some" people can be quite difficult.
LOL, you can say that again.
Mission building for me has become a pain in the areosol, havin so many ideas for missions but bein unable to realise them with my limited editing skills is a bummer.
I hope your ideas pay off coz at the mo' I'm treadin water with the mission building thingywotsit. :P
Failin that, a place here at OFPEC where you can put your ideas forward for the experts to have a go at realising your ideas, whilst saving you your sanity.

Good luck dude 8)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #20 on: 09 Sep 2004, 23:03:41 »
Failin that, a place here at OFPEC where you can put your ideas forward for the experts to have a go at realising your ideas, whilst saving you your sanity.

Mission Ideas Board
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

veston pants

« Reply #21 on: 10 Sep 2004, 16:32:39 »
Ow do Mr. GB.
I was wondering if you could possibly do me a really big favour?
I'm havin trouble with adding soundfiles to my intro.
I've read bloodmixers tute and pophuredoffs tute, followed them pretty much to the letter. I've got all the soundfiles I need, renamed and put through the wav 2 lip converter and the ogg files in the sound folder, I've done the description.ext aswell but the darn thing still won't have a go.
Is it possible to upload an intro to the mission beta board so you could take a look and see what I'm dong wrong?
I really need to get this thing to work.
Any help would be muchly appreciated. :)

Thanks.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #22 on: 10 Sep 2004, 16:39:31 »
I was wondering if you could possibly do me a really big favour?

General Barron's Box of Wishes  ;)
Not all is lost.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 10 Sep 2004, 16:56:08 »
Haha, you're evil ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #24 on: 10 Sep 2004, 19:22:10 »
General Barron's Box of Wishes  

Lol....

@veston pants
Just make a post over on the sound&cutscenes forum. You should get an answer pretty quick. If not, I'll be back on Sunday. I'm not the only one who can help you around here, you know  ;).
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

veston pants

« Reply #25 on: 12 Sep 2004, 16:24:30 »
Can sumone plz help.

Im only 6.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #26 on: 12 Sep 2004, 19:50:43 »
Hmmmmmmm..........6 what?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

veston pants

« Reply #27 on: 14 Sep 2004, 21:15:00 »
Ow do Planck

Hows it goin fella?

Alls well I hope.

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #28 on: 17 Sep 2004, 01:14:17 »
Could you post a detailed outline of the topics at hand?

While a lot of stuff has been posted before, generally it has been scattered stickynote stuff, not comprehensive manual stuff. Half the so-called uber-manual is only screendumps from here anyways.

One of the problems you will run into is OFP itself. There are so many ways to do something, that you are going to have to abstract quite aways back.

Instead of sections like

How to setpos a helicopter with guys inside...

You'll need more of

How to setpos, with examples...

With subtopics like

...and keep it there...

And if the reader can't figure out that _anyvehicle == object, that's a problem that you don't need to worry about.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #29 on: 17 Sep 2004, 04:29:30 »
~ShinRaiden
I havent really had time to go over all the advanced topics of mission editing..I pretty much know the basics so far which is pretty easy. These topics are..such as...Units...Groups..waypoints..triggers..syncr...markers...Then moving onto advanced...Gamelogics, scripting, cam scripting, all that fun stuff..But i do need help on this project..anybody who is willing to email me because yes it was my idea, but doesn't mean im talented at every part of it.. ;D, talk to everyone later..Thanks..