Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Grouping a marker to an infantry group  (Read 347 times)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Grouping a marker to an infantry group
« on: 30 Aug 2004, 17:37:56 »
I recently de-pbo'd the 1985 campaign to have a look at "Wake up Call".  Someone said it contained code that would cause an alarm if a dead body was seen, but not if the body had been hidden.

As far as I can tell it does not have any such code, but what I noticed was that a group of Russian infantry also had a marker grouped to the group leader.  I have played around with this a bit and cannot find out what it does or why.  I also notice that this marker does not show up on the briefing map and I am at a loss as to how they did that also.

Could someone enlighten me?  I am just curious, this is not urgent.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2004, 17:38:15 by THobson »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Grouping a marker to an infantry group
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2004, 18:27:15 »
The marker is of type empty which is why it does not show on your map.   You can change the type (ie the icon) of a marker during a mission with a setmarkertype command.   I don't think you can select empty when you place it in the editor, you need to do it in init.sqs or somewhere.

If you group a unit to a marker (or a number of markers) it will make the unit start at either his placed position or one of the marker positions, chosen randomly.    This is how I created the multiple start positions in the now famous Un-Impossible Mission.   (Well, famous for a beta.  ::))

Can't help you on the dead body code.  I never bothered hiding dead bodies after a while playing CWC, I doubt that BIS ever got round to writing the detection scripts.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2004, 18:28:10 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2004, 18:46:48 »
u can put empty as starting type :P just choose it ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2004, 19:15:30 »
Thanks both.  I had not realised an empty marker did not show on the map.  That helps a lot.  So does the randon starting points.

I sorted out the hide body thing.  LCD as a neat script, but I did something dead simple in the end.

@macuba
I keep trying your mission.  I am not so sure about the 'Un-' part
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2004, 19:15:59 by THobson »