Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a question on legality  (Read 4700 times)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:a question on legality
« Reply #45 on: 02 Nov 2004, 00:03:57 »
Let's just drop the issue already....
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

bored_onion

« Reply #46 on: 03 Nov 2004, 18:28:43 »
looking back to Sui's comment on page 1:
Anyway... methinks this thread doesn't have too much life left in it...

i think that's a seriously good point, this thread just keeps going....

:P
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2004, 20:11:03 by bored_onion »

Offline C0LDSt33L

• Members
  • Member of the SotM Team
« Reply #47 on: 03 Nov 2004, 18:45:42 »
Well if anyone knows any websites where you can get roalty and fee free music, legal for use in a mission, then they should post it here. Otherwise, yeah, all good things must come to an end.  :(

Offline CrashDome

• Members
« Reply #48 on: 21 Nov 2004, 07:41:54 »
edit: removed link... Thought I found some free downloads. they wanted $100 a CD but you could use their stuff royalty free. However, I won't advise spending $100 on a mission... ::)

Might I add another possible solution. I am unsure of the age of some of the mission makers, but if you take a night away from OFP and hit a local music scene you might find a band or two willing to allow in writing use of their music. As an ex-band member, struggling artists were always quick to allow anything that might mean exposure.
They may even write something specifically for your mission taking inspiration from your mission idea. Again, this is assuming you are interested or have a local music scene.
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2004, 07:49:58 by CrashDome »

Offline CrashDome

• Members
« Reply #49 on: 21 Nov 2004, 08:09:35 »
I just visited a few band websites and some of them had lo-quality downloads available (good enough for OFP) and get this.......

I could not find ANY legal statement restricting distribution. I am assuming they must figure that if they offer a lo-quality dld that everyones going to distribute anyway. So perhaps these 'selected' tracks might be available for use and distro?

Search some of your fav band sites and confirm if you could find any that do the same.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #50 on: 25 Nov 2004, 15:55:59 »
I Found the same for a band i like, i have just emailed one of the members for permission to use the demo track will let you know the progress

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #51 on: 12 Dec 2004, 21:06:53 »
looking back to Sui's comment on page 1:i think that's a seriously good point, this thread just keeps going....

Ya, like the Energizer Bunny. It just keeps on.

Oh NO... I think I hear the copyright police at my door...
Cymbaline