Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Buffalo soldiers, Could it work as a RPG?  (Read 1284 times)

Cthulhu1977

Buffalo soldiers, Could it work as a RPG?
« on: 12 Aug 2004, 21:02:46 »
Imagine it. Working as a quartermaster on a US base, some were on some unknown Island. Work tires you, so you pass the time by stealing robbing and selling US army stock to the local mafia. Dodging bullets here and there, US MPs chasing you, paying hired guns for protection and stealing trucks at night to make bug bucks on the black market  

Let us know that you think
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2004, 17:35:51 by Cthulhu1977 »

Gooner861

Re:Buffalo soldiers, Could it work?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2004, 22:32:33 »
Could work i suppose, but u wud have to make missions more exciting than "stealing trucks". Needs more action but hey its sumthing different, not many of these around i dnt think.

Go ahead try it, mite work  ;D

Gooner

Cthulhu1977

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2004, 09:50:26 »
It would need some serious scripting but if tit worked it could be quite cool. For example. Once a large base was created. NPC would need to be worked on from every aspect of a military base (or enough to make it realistic). Say the gun store chief, medics, MPs, chopper pilots, motor pool (think of Billko), Base chief and the likes.
And off the base. Civilians, Mafia, local police and if it was post war partisans from friendly to the US and some not so friendly. Missions could be accepted for different NPC for either money or for other reasons. Chopper pilots could be bribed to make drops in air drop that could not entered by trucks due to non friendly. Also if it was post war there would be ammo stashes from the partisans and Russians which could be found and exploited. Mafia contacts could be made for doing favours for them. Contract hit could be accepted as missions. Guns could be bought for the base store or of the back market.
   I was also thinking about it being played in real time with an opinion for sleep.

:)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2004, 11:45:33 »
It you could do all that with not much lag... ;D
Whats the picture btw?
- Ben

Cthulhu1977

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2004, 12:37:02 »
just a pic of Buffalo soldiers movie just a bit of fun  :D

Saying all this I am very new to OFP editing, so if there is any out there that thinks this would work and could pull it off let me know as I would love to play it  
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2004, 12:40:05 by Cthulhu1977 »

OrangeLeader

Re:Buffalo soldiers, Could it work as a RPG?
« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2004, 17:26:48 »
That is not a pic from the movie.

Cthulhu1977

Re:Buffalo soldiers, Could it work as a RPG?
« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2004, 17:36:33 »
seams that way that was a nikon F2 ???. All gone now ;D