Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 'Join' waypoint problwm  (Read 1974 times)

Nicholas482109

'Join' waypoint problwm
« on: 13 Aug 2004, 02:12:25 »
i know how to set this way point and all, but the person that is joining me first goes to where the way point is placed on the map, joins my group, then runs all the way back to me. How can i make then join my group with out having them run to where i began??

Dubieman

Re:'Join' waypoint problwm
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2004, 02:17:33 »
He runs to your first waypoint?

How about in the activation field of a trigger or a waypoint put...

dude join nick

Name the guy dude and yourself nick and it should work.

Nicholas482109

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2004, 02:32:00 »
umm, i don't really understand what your saying. The way it is set up is, the group to join me has a waypoint 'move' which is synconized with a trigger that is activated on radio charlie. from that waypoint it goes to 'join' which is on me. but when i move from where i started and use the radio command, he goes to where i start joins me, then runs to me. how can i make him just come to me if i move from where i started???

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2004, 02:53:07 »
Sorta confused here. Ahh....

I'll try to get the situation right.

You move from WP1 and are walking along. BRAVO huys are waiting for the radio signal to come and join you.
When you radio them or radio ALPHA or whatever it is they join you and go to your first waypoint?

Try synching their join waypoint to your join and lead waypoint?

Or use the join command.

Or dive into OFPECs editor depot. Home to TONS of cool stuff and things to make you an OFP guru. (OFP guru status not garunteed) ;D

Nicholas482109

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2004, 02:58:36 »
no, they do not go to my waypoint, they go to where the 'join' waypoint is on the map when i am in the editor, which is were i am started, because the join waypoint need to be attached to me right?

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2004, 03:07:36 »
The guy will go to the join waypoint's place to complete the waypoint then go to you.

To fix I suppose you have to move your waypoint closer.

Nicholas482109

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2004, 03:12:35 »
so there is no way to get him to go directly to me if i'm not where the waypoint is set?

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2004, 03:19:56 »
Okay just move HIS waypoint closer to you. That's all I can think of without using a command of sorts, you'll have to wait to get others opinions.

However, you could just leave him with the waypoint on him and the trigger radio alpha  and in the trigger's activation field type:

dude join playerguy

So you name the guy "dude" and the player person "playerguy" and that should when you radio Alpha make the guy join you and a simple fall back into formation should do the trick or a unit move order to like 5 feet in front of you.

Sorry if I cannot help more but all I suggest is either wait for someone else, listen to what I said, or go to the editor depot and grab some tutorials.
 :P

Good luck

Nicholas482109

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2004, 03:27:18 »
how do i name them??

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2004, 03:57:19 »
hmm - you sure that you did use the join waypoint right?

You don't have to attach the join waypoint to yourself by
placing it onto the player unit.

Just give the player a JOIN AND LEAD waypoint, and give
the other guy a JOIN waypoint, close to his position. Then syncronize these two by: pressing F5 and dragging a line with your left mouse button from one to another.

Then the guy should straight walk to you as far as i remember.

Or the other way would be, like Roach already mentioned;

use the join command

Just give the guy a normal MOVE waypoint close to his position
and into it's onActivation field you type:

[name_of_guy] join player

And off course you need to give the guy a name in the name field and then just replace name_of_guy with whatever name
you gave him.

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Nicholas482109

« Reply #10 on: 13 Aug 2004, 04:06:49 »
but how do i name them??

Dubieman

« Reply #11 on: 13 Aug 2004, 04:49:20 »
Hmm tis tis we need Macguba...

When making the unit have the editor in advanced mode and look at the edit unit meun thingy, there is a place for his name, it says "name:"...

I strongly suggest a visit to the editor depot. Its basically your job to get the stuff then ask us how its used, well not used but if you have problems with it.
 ;)

Nicholas482109

« Reply #12 on: 13 Aug 2004, 05:46:53 »
i sifted thought the getting started articles and some enhancing ones that were about way points and stuff but non of them addressed this problem. and how do i get the editor in advance mode!?!!? i never heard of that

Dubieman

« Reply #13 on: 13 Aug 2004, 06:36:07 »
Top right hand corner click on easy to send it too advanced...

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #14 on: 13 Aug 2004, 11:25:42 »
Nicolas, head over to the Ed Depot and read macguba's guide to mission editing for beginners, and also snYpir's OFPEC Guide: making missions.     Everything will get a lot clearer after that.  ;)

Oh, and

Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2004, 11:26:10 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play