Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon free campaign mission 2 Demolition  (Read 2467 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Addon free campaign mission 2 Demolition
« on: 09 Aug 2004, 01:01:10 »
From my upcoming campaign. Mission 2  Demolition.

The campaign will see you playing as Victor Troska, in an alternative Nogova vs. The Soviets setting.

Mission 2 (Demolition)
After meeting your new troops, you, as Victor Troska, must take them on an operation to see what they are made of. Kill a convoy and steal the ammo trucks.

0 Addons needed.

Single Player Mission.

1.96 Resistance

Feedback will be welcomed.

Get the mission here,
http://www.freewebs.com/ofpbob/battlecryprogresspage.htm

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2010, 20:49:54 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Addon free campaign mission 2 Demolition
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2004, 11:07:44 »
Will play it later today.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2004, 13:13:13 »
For being a resi campaign I think it's weird that you haven't put em in campaign form even as beta 'cause then you cant save equipment and men. Anyway, downloading now. Man, freewebs is slow.

« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2004, 13:13:41 by The Real Armstrong »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2004, 14:02:40 »
OVERVIEW:
It was OK, although there was a dot in the left field which I thought looked kinda silly. :P
INTRO:
It was OK, but they saw pretty good armed to me with AT-4s and everything.
BRIEFING:
It was good, but I don't get it? What's the fun in playing resi guy when you have more equipment than the russians? :( You wanna have a small amount of weapons, maybe even be forced to arm your soldiers with kozlices.
MISSION:
Nooby as I was I ran in the wrong direction. Lol. OK, that's just tartish. You take away all the freedom in OFP. If you are forced to do it please do it as realistic as you can with a sniper or a minefield or something.
OK, this is the first reason why many convoy attacks fail, the stupid AI fire at the trucks you are gonna capture!! Aw, restart. ::)
Since I were forced to only used half my men while the rest were on hold fire it took me a while longer than usual and a few unnessesary casulties. Although I did take out a hind with a RPG so I'm happy. :)
Also, each time I died that hint with dont leave the mission area popped up.
Another thing is that the convoy is moving a bit fast than if it was "safe". It felt like a drag race. ;D
SUMMARY
Either you remove some of the equipment, make sure AI wont destroy the ammo trucks by firing RPGs at em and keep the mission objective as it is. Or, you change the mission idea, saying that you have enough ammo and are only out to destroy the convoy. In that case, put some more protection with the convoy like a T72 or something.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2004, 13:43:14 »
You're right about one thing at least. The ammo thing. I'll loose a big portion of what you can choose.

The ai firing at the ammo trucks is not something that i'll change though. Its your job to make sure they hit what they're supposed to.

Also I'll check out that not present trigger and maybe make a different way to die if you leave the area.

Cheers.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2004, 15:21:02 »
New version will be submitted very soon.
99% of issues resolved, except the ones I want to keep as they are.
Will post it soon.