Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP > VBS1  (Read 1902 times)

DBR_ONIX

OFP > VBS1
« on: 01 Aug 2004, 12:15:22 »
Hey
I would have posted this in one of the other VBS1 threads, but they have both been locked >:(
Anyway, on the VBS1 site..
http://virtualbattlespace.com/tools.htm

It's the same tool as OFP.. Which isn't really surprising
But if it's the same tool, must be the same fole format (Surely ???)

So, can OFP addons be used (Or, de-pboed, and use the VBS1's PBO maker, which I guess it different..
12. Can i unpbo the VBS Addons and which program should i use to do it?
Bad News, with the normal OFP Unpbo Programms you can not unpbo the Addons that come with VBS.
)

Same with missions, it seems the same.. The link has a list of unit/weapon/vehicle names :
http://www.modify-the-game.com/VBS1/Editing.html
: I guess someone could write a file to process the mission.sqs and replace the ofp unit names with VBS ones..

I am aware that not many people have VBS (I don't :P), but there are people who do.. But won't VBS be very similar to OFP2? (With maybe more grpahic upgrades, and better AI.. Just like vbs did to ofp)

Anyway, I guess with the VBS O2 thing, you could import the model from a OFP one, same with textures, and do a VBS cpp for it..

So is it possible?
- Ben
[Edit - Also, there are some things on that modify-the-game site, like a file that adds the resistance objects to VBS.. That kidna shows the model formats must be the same..?]
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2004, 12:16:41 by DBR_ONIX »

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:OFP > VBS1
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2004, 12:52:13 »
I don't really see how this has anything to do with OFPEC?

You cannot dePBO VBS PBO files, because they are encrypted.
You can, with some tweaking, make unofficial addons for VBS, they are similar to OFP addons but not exactly the same all the time.  And with additional tweaking, it is possible to use OFP addons in VBS. This is because VBS is derived from OFP.

OFP 2 will most likely have such an updated game engine that the differences are more than the similarities.

This does not change the fact that we will not put up a VBS section on OFPEC, and since we won't do that, there's no place to discuss VBS here. Therefore, this thread will be locked.

*Locked*
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"