Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Some MP Q's  (Read 1087 times)

DragunovNerd

Some MP Q's
« on: 25 Jul 2004, 18:11:48 »
Im creating a MP map in a "Free for All" style and I wonder if its possible to use the following scripts/commands in a multiplayermap together:

*setpos commands, by using addaction for example lowering a rock to allow access into a cave or something

*to spawn vehicles (not remove) also by using addaction, for example spawning aircraft at airports and armor at factories (hangar addaction["A10","SpawnA10.sqs"], just and example) Is this possible with addon vehicles to?

*Weather changes, time changes via skiptime. Do these affect all players?

Ive been away from OFP for ages and im currently trying to resurrect all the commands buried deep into my head  :P
If it is any difference, the map will be used on a LAN and never online.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Some MP Q's
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2004, 19:41:24 »
*Addaction scripts are possible and so is the setpos command. With addaction you must remember to use publicvariable with a script that's running on all clients, because the action used is always local to the one who does it.

*Possible. Remember the above and also that the createvehicle command must be used on server only. Otherwise there will be as many vehicles as there are clients who are running the command. Do this by inserting a gamelogic called server and then ask ?local server in your script. Createvehicle command requires you to know the unit's class name (ie. string name). If the addon is any good you can find this class name in the readme file.

*These must be run on all clients. If not, others will have day and others night if you get what I mean. (I learned it the hard way :D)

Not all is lost.

DragunovNerd

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2004, 02:44:15 »
Hmmm... MP things aint my strong side so i dont understand the ?localserver... ??? And how do I make sure the weather changes for all the clients? Could you or anybody make just a short example of the commands needed in the script(s). Now I'll probably be hanged for being a noob, but I aint when it comes to SP editing. Ive just never made something "big" in MP. So treat me as a noob in MP scripting... :)

Thanks Artak, and any explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2004, 12:26:21 »
here is the script I use, I think it is from karrillion, to randomly set the weather and fog values...

as far as the local server command:

?!(local server):goto "exit"   will be run on only the server machine
or
?(local server): insert command here    same effect

just add a game logic named server somewhere on the map.

as far as createvehicle, if you can't find the classname anywhere else, start with a blank map, place your add on veh, save, then look at the mission.sqm.  Hope this helps.........

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2004, 12:27:19 »
arghhh, now I will attach the script.....

DragunovNerd

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2004, 21:28:13 »
Thanks alot, uve both helped!  :)