Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: T55AA  (Read 2299 times)

Dubieman

T55AA
« on: 19 Jul 2004, 14:49:20 »
Hey all,
I'm not an addon maker even though I'd like to try someday, but I came up with this idea for now.

The res needs an AA gun. I thought about a BMP with AA weapons, but it'd be kinda weird and I don't think putting green stripes on a shilka will do this idea any justice.

I was thinking that you could use the existing T55 and just eliminate the barrel on the main gun and get rid of the machine gun. Then take a spinning cannon and put it in its place. One cannon I liked was the AH1 cobra's or a more defined MI24 cannon. Basically just a three barreled spinning AA cannon.

:)

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:T55AA
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2004, 16:03:27 »
so, you just want a hind or cobra cannon on a t55
i think a vulcan cannon would be good too
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2004, 16:06:54 by oyman »

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2004, 16:39:58 »
Well I didn't think the res would have lotz of sophisticated weapons like six barreled miniguns but I like the look or idea of the three barrel design, it would seem to fit the T55 I guess. :P

Ohh yea it might need a little radar thing on top you know to detect aircraft. ::)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2004, 16:53:59 »
Someone could make the ZSU-57x2, which is a T-54/55 chassis with a pair of 57mm AA guns mounted in a larger turret...it's an old unit and I think it would fit in very well with the Resistance theme.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2004, 17:41:08 »
check out the FDF mod, 1.3. They have a similiar, althought more modern version of that beast (pretty much looks the same tho)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

1shottokill

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2004, 20:09:06 »
Someone could make a Flakpanzer from WW2 for the Guerrillas but you'd have'ta give it a jamming script if the barrels spins constantly for say 40 secs to simulate the age of it. Just a suggestion mind!  ;)

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2004, 20:38:44 »
check out the FDF mod, 1.3. They have a similiar, althought more modern version of that beast (pretty much looks the same tho)

i think its called the marksman or something

m21man

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2004, 01:51:36 »
i think its called the marksman or something
No, the Marksman is a more advanced AA unit used by the FDF. But the FDF Mod does include a ZSU-57, in Finnish and Russian versions ;D .

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2004, 03:25:26 »
I like the ZSU-57x2...
A big ugly armored square with some long guns. Fits the resistance.... ;) :D

I guess I could grab FDF mod...
I'm just suggesting it, not out of need for it. I thought it'd be a cool standalone addon for the resistance.  :P

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jul 2004, 03:29:15 »
Wow - a five man crew !

Ah the fifties - back when manpower was cheap and hardware was expensive !

Coldfire

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jul 2004, 04:47:21 »
Didn't somone make a truck with a ZU-23 on the back somewhere? That'd work pretty well for a ressistance AA emplacment, wouldn't it?

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jul 2004, 08:01:47 »
A truck with a AA gun sounds awesome,

take the PV3S and take the covering off and put something like a couple of .50 cals.

silenthunter_764

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #12 on: 20 Jul 2004, 11:20:29 »
Didn't somone make a truck with a ZU-23 on the back somewhere? That'd work pretty well for a ressistance AA emplacment, wouldn't it?

FDF Mod again  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

1shottokill

« Reply #13 on: 20 Jul 2004, 17:40:45 »
As you said Silent Hunter you could rip the canvas off a PV3S and put the dual 50. cals that you get on the Mark II PBR or there is a perfectly good Mg42 addon out there you could use that.

Coldfire

« Reply #14 on: 20 Jul 2004, 18:01:14 »
http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.3625

A Zil-131 with a ZSU-23-2 on the backis included, you could probably modify it so it had ressetance markings (With the author's premison, of course)

Dubieman

« Reply #15 on: 20 Jul 2004, 21:05:13 »
It doesn't matter if you use the PBR guns since its still only one browning. Both guns don't fire. Only one does...

I'll try that download if it isn't over 5mb.....
 ::)

1shottokill

« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2004, 21:52:40 »
Oh! I didnt know this It just looked like the PBR's guns were a wee bit more powerful that the m2

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #17 on: 20 Jul 2004, 23:41:23 »
dual m2's on a pv3s looks kinda cool  8)

« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2004, 23:42:44 by oyman »

Dubieman

« Reply #18 on: 21 Jul 2004, 00:06:08 »
Make a decent post and that's alright! Looks cool, like one of those AA guns on ships during WWII. I sat in one a while back when I was on vacation near the ocean (of course). :o

Maybe have a seat and it rotates the whole seat thing. Like its a turret you get into, not a gun to man. Use a uh60mg gunner animation maybe. :P

But hey you're the addonmaker, not me. ;)

PBR guns I heard somewhere that its only one gun firing real bullets, they both have muzzle flash for show. I think if you looks closely you can see only one stream of bullets.

Then again, I think they left two barrels out cause of the single gun per vehicle and to keep the PBR from mopping the floor with the EAST boats... Not sure though. :-\

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #19 on: 21 Jul 2004, 02:02:00 »
Make a decent post and that's alright! Looks cool, like one of those AA guns on ships during WWII. I sat in one a while back when I was on vacation near the ocean (of course). :o

Maybe have a seat and it rotates the whole seat thing. Like its a turret you get into, not a gun to man. Use a uh60mg gunner animation maybe. :P

But hey you're the addonmaker, not me. ;)

PBR guns I heard somewhere that its only one gun firing real bullets, they both have muzzle flash for show. I think if you looks closely you can see only one stream of bullets.

Then again, I think they left two barrels out cause of the single gun per vehicle and to keep the PBR from mopping the floor with the EAST boats... Not sure though. :-\

if i do make this AA pv3s it wont have does m2's u just saw because those are INQ's and the BOH's mod textures so ill just use the bis m2. it is true that bullets fly only out of one barrel

Dubieman

« Reply #20 on: 21 Jul 2004, 02:08:39 »
Ohh yea I thought those ammo boxes looked funny. What do you mean it cant be used? Is it that the M2s can't go almost straight up or what? :P

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jul 2004, 02:27:12 »
Ohh yea I thought those ammo boxes looked funny. What do you mean it cant be used? Is it that the M2s can't go almost straight up or what? :P
the ammo box textures and model are from the BOH mod , and the m2 textures are from INQ, i havent asked for permission to use them yet, only thing i did was add a little detail to the ammo box model

1shottokill

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jul 2004, 11:24:51 »
That looks cool oyman, shame that it only does the damage of 1 m2!