Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Invasion of europe  (Read 1372 times)

Tankman

Invasion of europe
« on: 16 Jul 2004, 12:05:42 »
Just thought of a campaign i am going to do which is called the invasion of fortified europe.

Storyline is that you are a private (havent thought of a name for the character yet) taking part in D-Day and following him through normandy to break through the germans defense
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2004, 12:07:05 by Tankman »

Tankman

Re:Invasion of europe
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2004, 12:08:28 »
you got any ideas of what missions i could include or where i could get detailed information about normandy from

OrangeLeader

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2004, 14:48:49 »
Basically type WW2 and D-day in an search engine. That is where you will get information. As for missions. Holding the bridge and taking the town that was what most of WW2 Europe was about. You could put in a Spe Op type mission or two. Go capture a german officer for information, free an allied spy, and sabtoge an airfield, factory, or research facility.

I would advise against making D-day a mission. If you search around you will see that many have tried, and I have not seen one that is any good.(there is new one that is suppose to be good coming out.) I would advise you to make that part of your intro. DC-3, flack and paratroopers at night, the landing craft, etc. A realistic D-day could be achieved with some skillful camera scripting. It would make sense to show the intial invasion because of your title "Invasion of Europe."

The missions are mostly going to be basic clones of BIS missions, with a WW2 flair. The main thing that will make people want to play is a good story. I can help with the story if you want. Good luck with your project.

Tankman

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2004, 21:31:15 »
Yeah i was thinking about incorporating the allied invasion into the intro and focusing on the push towards carentaen as the first mission.

Yeah it would be helpful if you could help us with the storyline, as i am not brillant at thinking of good storylines.

OrangeLeader

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2004, 22:11:13 »
Well how in depth do you want the story to be? I was thinking that you could show and play different charaters in your unit. The other option is only being one person and showing the stress and toll of war on him. I like the latter.

Come up with some name and a history. Then work that into developing him in cutscenes(New Yorker, Irish-American, plays the piano,etc. this is just an example.). He should have gotten married before he shipped out and is expecting a child too.

He came to the Europe with hopes of making a difference in the war and coming back a hero. But as the war draws on, he sees his fellow buddies slowly killed off and misses the birth of his child. As the campiagn continues he is changed by war. Near the end he only wishes to get home to his wife and the child he has never seen.

I though his personal story would be driven by letters from home. Its an idea. Of course his buddies mostly die in combat.

Come up with some ideas of what you want the guy to be like, and maybe other charaters. Also a baisc timline of battle/missions.

Tankman

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2004, 07:12:53 »
Yeah thats sounds good i will come up with the character name and that and a basic timeline. I think it will be better concentrating on one character i will let you know what i come up with.  

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2004, 07:00:26 »
Just adding on to that 'letters from home' part, Maybe the letter from home for each mission could be displayed in the notes section in the breifing?

LooseKannon :gunman:      :help: