Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: im in Trople!!!!!!!  (Read 3312 times)

netta1234

im in Trople!!!!!!!
« on: 15 Jul 2004, 04:04:55 »
i need an script

u start with 100 coins u will loose 1 coin every sec when u come to a bank u will have 100 coins again and it will still reduce (just a fucking exsamble) how do i script this?  ::) sry for my english i hope u understand what i mean :P

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
Re:im in Trople!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2004, 05:35:54 »
Hi netta !

You want something like this ? -

; banking.sqs

_player = _this select 0

#loop
? _player distance bank < 5 : _coins = 100
? _coins > 0 : _coins = _coins - 1

~1
got "loop"

Now put [this] exec "banking.sqs" in the player's Init field and place an object on the map and call it "bank" (no quotes).

That should do the trick.

I'm guessing that you want to find some way of displaying or otherwise using the _coins variable.  If you want to display it (annoyingly) every 10 seconds simply add the following before the line last line -

hint format ["Player has %1 coins remaining", _coins]

What he can do with those coins I'll leave to you . . .  :-\  :P

Roni

« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2004, 05:39:52 by Roni »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2004, 12:22:12 »
small typo - got "loop" should be

goto "loop"

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

netta1234

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2004, 14:29:43 »
i think i gave u a bad exsamble  :P

its like an eating script

let's say u start wih 100% Hungry/energy...

u keep loosing 1% every sec

when u come to burger king u get 100% again

if the %'s go 0 UR DEAD  ;D

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2004, 14:51:52 »
Like THIS
?
:)
- Ben

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2004, 15:40:54 »
DBR_ONIX - Wow - recursive thread references - I like it !

Mac - thanks for the typo pick up - I'm using a laptop and the keyboard is "difficult" to say the least.  I usually spend 10 minutes or so typing my post and about 20 minutes manually editing it !  :P

netta - Sounds like a fun challenge, I'll work on it when I get the chance, unless you need it sooner  :)

I have a series of scripts that are SUPPOSED to simulate player fatigue.  I use time  dilation with most of my missions so one game day passes in 20 minutes - the scripts were supposed to force the player to build a camp and go prone every 24 hours or so.  Instead, I had players dropping off in the middle of firefights (fade to black, player goes prone etc) - not very fun I can tell you !

AS I said, I'd love to make a stab at a hunger script, if you reallly need it yesterday let me know and I'll whip something up.  My only asking price is a juicy after action report of some sort !  ;D

Cheers

Roni

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2004, 16:34:42 »
use

getdammage

and
setdammage

to get the health and reduce the health of the unit
#PRESTART
@ Alive Player

#START
~5
;;;Medic1 is the name of the object / unit that can reset the fatigue
?(Player distance medic1 <5): Player setdammage 0
?(Player distance medic1 >5) Player setdammage (getdammage + 0.01)
?(getdammage player >0.8): goto "VERY_ILL"
goto "START"

#VERY_ILL
~5
;;taking the player into this loop will stop the player from being killed of completely by fatigue
?!(Alive Player): goto "PRESTART"
?(Player distance medic1 <5): goto "START"
goto "VERY_ILL"

NB>>>> A units health is returned by the getdammage command
NB>>>>> "getdammage" is not a typo error, guess the old czechs spelling wasnt that good when they made ofp

getdammage =0 (Unit will be perfectly healthy
getdammage = 1 (Unit will be dead)

you can increment the dammage in whatever size units you want

eg 0.0001
0.1 o.2 etc etc

Hope that helps

« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2004, 16:39:19 by Terox »
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

netta1234

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jul 2004, 03:21:01 »
its an eating script its a bit silly if u can heal ur self at the medic when u r hugry is there any chance of a like a Timer :D goes down all the time till 0 = dead, well thx for it anyway man  ;D

netta1234

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jul 2004, 03:40:12 »

Mac - thanks for the typo pick up - I'm using a laptop and the keyboard is "difficult" to say the least.  I usually spend 10 minutes or so typing my post and about 20 minutes manually editing it !  :P

netta - Sounds like a fun challenge, I'll work on it when I get the chance, unless you need it sooner  :)

I have a series of scripts that are SUPPOSED to simulate player fatigue.  I use time  dilation with most of my missions so one game day passes in 20 minutes - the scripts were supposed to force the player to build a camp and go prone every 24 hours or so.  Instead, I had players dropping off in the middle of firefights (fade to black, player goes prone etc) - not very fun I can tell you !

AS I said, I'd love to make a stab at a hunger script, if you reallly need it yesterday let me know and I'll whip something up.  My only asking price is a juicy after action report of some sort !  ;D

Cheers

Roni

Very intresting  ;) i would like this Hungry script that you talked about in the other tread  that keep forceing u crouching  u have one of those???  :-\ e and if u have can u email them to Kiosk14615@hotmail.com?  ;D
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2004, 03:43:18 by netta1234 »

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jul 2004, 04:31:08 »
I was just looking through my script and was thinking how I could amend it.  I had forgotten what a good job I had done !  ;D  8)  ::)

I actually use it in conjunction with three other scripts - buildcamp.sqs, buildfire.sqs and breakcamp.sqs.

The first is a player addAction that makes the player crouch, plays a "tent building" sound and creates a small tent object.  The tent itself has buildfire.sqs as an addAction.

On activation buildfire.sqs puts the player into a crouch, plays a "campfire building" sound and creates a campfire object.  If you light the fire then your hunger and fatigue levels start to go down back to zero after around a minute.  I even separated the hunger and fatigue parts so that the lit fire lowers your hunger and the tent lowers your fatigue !   :toocool:

And of course when you're finished you simply do the addAction  "breakcamp.sqs" to remove the tent and give you your buildcamp.sqs script back.

You may notice what stays behind - the campfire.  The idea was that if you were playing player vs player you might be able to follow your enemy by looking for the smoke from his burning campfire or finding his burnt out ashes - neat !

I have attached the first script (exhaustion.sqs) but I can't vouch for it.  As I said - it didn't seem to work properly and we kept getting guys flaking out in the middle of a firefight.  Kind of funny at first but a real pain the second or third time.  OTOH - maybe three days without sleep was SUPPOSED to do that to us !

Please feel free to use or abuse as you see fit.  I'll put my mind to fixing it up and post the whole lot in the Scripts forum next week.

Cheers !

Roni

PS - Don't forget to give yourself a fireplace to roast your marshmallows on and keep your hunger levels down !

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2004, 17:40:21 »
;D......... :P
Hey, if your ever bored, maybe you can visit that link.. *Goes of to place a  "click this link in the other thread", in that thread I linked to...*, It'll keep you enteratined for hours! It did for me!.... :P (j/k, btw ::))
They both did remind me of the other one  ::)

Anyway, in the page I linked to, I've posted the Pre-beta scripts, no "I'm getting hungry" bits, just the effects :) (Not just for hunger, theres drunk, sleepy, and hullicinating etc :P)..
Maybe the tent could come with a "Sleep" addaction, that stops the sleepieness for a while..?

- Ben
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2004, 17:47:31 by DBR_ONIX »

netta1234

« Reply #11 on: 17 Jul 2004, 01:04:56 »
hey Roni ehm coud you make an exsamble mission for the noobs ( me ) thx

i aint forceing you man  ;D

Offline Nemesis6

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 17 Jul 2004, 22:38:01 »
On the subject of hallucinations(again), you CAN actually make some hallucinations with the drop command... Here's one of my ideas -

http://geocities.com/facehugger96/uhhhhh.JPG

Copy and paste into your browser

I am actually flying into a star... this is incredible!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2004, 14:00:58 »
;D
Cool :P
Maybe make 'em random colours, and flying around? :D

They look gd though :) Even if they do look like a giant's just been gibbed :P (Gibbed = Like in Quake :P Btw..;))
- Ben

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2004, 02:20:25 »
@DBR_ONIX - I'm following a number of threads at the moment and saw your posts in this one and the other one so I had to comment  :D

@netta1234 - I'll work on a quicky tonight.  I have a number of scripts that I use in most of my missions (time dilation, jump, dig in) and some that I use in specific missions only (morale, group respawn, exhaustion etc).  All are functional but most have little quirks that need ironing out, which is why I have been hesitant to post them.  I'll fix up the exhaustion script and whack together a quick hunt and seek mission and post it here tonight (aussie time - say 12 hours from now).

@DBR_ONIX (again) - I picked up a sandstorm script from the script library and had fun messing around with the RGB settings for the cloud colour.  At one stage I had a swirling mass of glowing blue particles - pretty trippy !  I haven't dissected the code but I'm sure that it wouldn't be too hard to make just a few particles of random colour and really spin the players out !  Again, I'll mess around tonight and see if I can get anything worth posting (with due credit to toadeater, the original scripter of course !).

@All - prepare to get hungry !

Roni