Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to identify who triggers trigger  (Read 604 times)

raymond6751

How to identify who triggers trigger
« on: 22 Jul 2004, 21:23:26 »
Is there a way to identify the 'type' of unit that sets off a trigger?

My aircraft are doing it and I want only surface units to do it.

I've asked this before without any answers.  Please respond, somebody.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re:How to identify who triggers trigger
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2004, 21:33:53 »
Put in the condition :

Code: [Select]
"man" counttype thislist > 0

Search or search or search before you ask.

raymond6751

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2004, 12:28:01 »
Thanks!  I'm gonna give that a whirl.

I'm assuming there are other identities that can be checked for, not just 'man' ?

For instance, could you try naming a unit and testing if the trigger was set off by that name???

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2004, 12:44:37 »
A trigger returns an array called thislist which is an array of all the units in the trigger area that satisfy the first part of the Activation Box.    For example, if you have West (doesn't matter whether it is West present, or not present, or whatever) then thislist would be an array of all West units in the trigger area.

You can then use this array in the Condition line.   For example (syntax not guaranteed)

Activation Box:   West present
Condition:    loon1 in thislist
On Activation:   as you like

If you group a trigger to a group leader (as if the trigger was a loon) then you get new options in the Activation Box, which you might find useful.  

There are other types though I can't remember exactly what they are.   The are in one of the comrefs somewhere.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2004, 19:50:09 »
I've made a little sample mission about this case maybe 6 months ago, link below. In this mission there is a trigger on the map. Everybody who enters it's area (even if he exits it and resturns again) is checked by the scripts and his name is printed via hint. Take a look on the script, you can do whatever you want with units activating that trigger just by changing the line with formated hint command.

http://2dmm.wz.cz/Files/Sample_Triggering.Intro.zip
"We are Her salvation, and through Her command we shall live forever. I will not die. Not here. Not now. Never!!!"