Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 192780 times)

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #1425 on: 09 May 2004, 03:03:14 »
something for possibly the future. tell me what you guys think.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2004, 03:03:53 by bugkill »

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #1426 on: 09 May 2004, 12:11:15 »
Bugkill - not in this version.

We MAY include such a feature for future versions of the pack, but it wont be for a while yet (time now to finish other things)

Just as a side note, all the pictures you've posted are of Army Special Forces (either green-berets, or SFOD-A) and not Delta.

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1427 on: 09 May 2004, 20:17:18 »
ok, thanks for the reply, but their is one thing that needs to be cleared up about "who is who" when it concerns photos of special ops. the fact of the matter is that most of those guys wear damn near the same type of gear depending on what operation they got going on. i've seen task force 20 while i was in iraq and also 5th sf group (which i went on raids with on a couple of occasions in baghdad). the tf-20 guys were a mixture of seals, delta, cia, cct, pj's, and sf. you could pick out the cia guys or the air force operators(sometimes), but it was definitely a guessing game concerning the other guys. they don't wear insignia that says "hi, i'm a navy seal" or "i'm a d-boy", they were just special ops and that was all i needed to know. i spoke to them on a couple of occasions and they were some pretty down to earth guys, who are very professional at what they do. if they are in their assault gear with their helmets on, you were'nt sure who they belonged to, unless you saw them with one of their service bdu caps, that would be a giveaway. also, photos only tell you half of the story and people need to understand that over in iraq, the special ops guys are working jointly with other service special ops teams, that is why we have a JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) within the military. all i'm saying is that the pics that i posted are examples and if you want me to post some that features delta (task force 20) when they killed the hussien brothers, i will. too many people saw "blackhawk down" and think that delta are the only ones that wear black helmets and black vests, which in reality they are not.

Homefry31464

« Reply #1428 on: 09 May 2004, 21:54:51 »
I thought it was Task Force 121, or is Task Force 20 something different, or am I wrong all together??

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1429 on: 10 May 2004, 00:49:17 »
well, we had tf 20 in our area in baghdad (they went to other places also). here is a little snippet i found about them:

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Scurrying down ropes from helicopters and scaling walls on ladders, U.S. commandos raided three houses in an upscale neighborhood Monday morning.
"Where's Saddam?" the soldiers yelled, according to residents who said they cowered in their bedrooms as the Americans blew out their front doors with explosives. "We know he's in here."
Their search for the deposed Iraqi leader turned up empty, but it had all the earmarks of the elite Special Operations Task Force 20.
For the first time, the U.S. military acknowledged Monday that the highly secretive task force is one of the units spearheading the hunt for Saddam Hussein.
The Pentagon has been reluctant to confirm Task Force 20's existence. But its presence surfaced recently in the raid that killed Saddam's two sons in northern Iraq and the storming of a sheik's house on July 27 in Baghdad that left up to five Iraqis dead, military sources said.
On Monday, a spokeswoman for the 4th Infantry Division announced that four key Hussein regime figures were detained in the past week by Task Force 20 near Saddam's hometown of Tikrit. Two of them were described as "very close associates" of Saddam, Maj. Josslyn Aberle said.
Task Force 20's trademark is lightning-fast assaults, and members have at their disposal anything the military can muster, experts said. In recent months, the unit has turned its attention from hunting for weapons of mass destruction to hunting down Saddam and his top loyalists.
A military spokesman in Baghdad would not confirm or deny Monday's raid in the Mansour neighborhood, a few blocks away from where Task Force 20 struck the sheik's house.
From residents' description of Monday morning's assault, it appeared certain that Task Force 20 was at work. Only hours after the raid, other U.S. soldiers spoke to family members and offered compensation for damaged property.
"They told us that we had been visited by the best army unit in the world that is out to find Saddam," said Yaser Mohammed Ghany, sweeping up shattered window glass and splinters from broken door frames.
The commandos told residents they were acting on a tip that Saddam was staying at one of the three houses.
"They were clearly not your usual soldiers," Ghany said.
Military experts say Task Force 20 is based at Baghdad International Airport and has perhaps 1,500 soldiers and its own logistical, communications and intelligence capabilities. The task force is a combination of Special Operations units, including the Army's Delta Force and Rangers and Navy SEALs, military experts said.
Task Force 20 was formed before the start of the Iraq war and infiltrated the western desert to locate Iraqi Scud missiles and key military units for destruction by U.S. aircraft and other forces, said Patrick Garrett, associate analyst at GlobalSecurity.org in Virginia.
After major combat operations ended, the unit unsuccessfully scoured Iraq for chemical and biological weapons, analysts said.
Now, sources said, Task Force 20 mobilizes in minutes on informants' tips and other intelligence about Saddam's possible whereabouts.
As they seal off the target area, a second unit then enters the house or building to search for the targets. Other task force members follow up and gather intelligence information at the site, analysts say.

now, the mansour neighbor was within my units area of responsiblity (we ran our patrols there) and know about this incident, but i won't deny or confirm if they (TF-20) were involved either.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2004, 00:51:31 by bugkill »

jmcmahan

« Reply #1430 on: 05 Jun 2004, 02:47:14 »
I had a question about the aimpoint/203's.  Where is the leaf sight for the for the 203?  I have seen other people's mod,s with this combo where they also leave it off on the aimpoint equiped m4.  So, i guess my question is, just your personal preference or is this the way most people use it in the real world (leaf sight blocks aimpoint sight pic or any other reason).  Thanks and your mod's are the best by far.

rOk

« Reply #1431 on: 24 Jun 2004, 11:42:18 »
Nice article(s) bugkill

Kinda like how deadmeat thinks he knows it all about SF, and then a real life soldier appears and shuts him up-not that it was your intention but I've read on numerous occasions how BAS take pride in accurately doing this and that

Cool Z

« Reply #1432 on: 27 Jun 2004, 03:12:02 »
Has BAS gotten itself a new website or something? Am I putting in the wrong URL: www.ballistic-studios.com

Anyone know a site where I can get ALL of the Latest (last 3 months or so) of addons??

Thx in advance.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #1433 on: 30 Jun 2004, 13:13:45 »
ofp.info would be your best bet, I wonder what BAS are up to at the moment, im pretty sure its gonna be a slow time for BAs seeing as summer is upon us and all.

Homefry31464

« Reply #1434 on: 30 Jun 2004, 21:52:07 »
I think the website if just down for a while.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #1435 on: 05 Jul 2004, 15:06:52 »
I think the website if just down for a while.

well it is indeed going to be a slow summer seeing as they have given up making addons for OFP.