Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: speed control script for vehicles/helis  (Read 1506 times)

fatDave

speed control script for vehicles/helis
« on: 06 May 2004, 11:41:42 »
Very simple script that controls speed using trigonometry and vectors. Works well too. See example mission for a good example. The troops jump out of chinook without getting killed. Enjoy and hoping to see how many bugs there are. I couldn't find that many. I know about the one where it doesn't follow the waypoints but my head is too sore after getting round them problems i had with tangens so i think it can wait. I know why it happens, it's because the velocity for the z axis is static. That means that if it gets say going east, it will also be going north at same time.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2004, 11:43:46 by fatDave »

fatDave

Re:speed control script for vehicles/helis
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2004, 17:54:40 »
one new bug that came to the attention of me. It has come to my attention that as I am completely stupid and that, my script is useless. Therefore if you have used it i have great pity for anyone who has even looked at this topic. I apologise greatly. The bug? well - lets just say anything over 45 degrees of a compass point, i.e. 89 degrees, will make the helicopter go something in the region of 48 + times faster than the base number. Perhaps I tackled this script the wrong way. I will be posting an updated script soon.  :'( i'm so stupid

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2004, 21:21:09 »
Don't give up though!
Try again, then a few more hundred times :P
Sounds like a usefull script tho
:)
- Ben

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2004, 07:54:00 »
rofl,
welcome to the world of scripting mate...dont give up ;)
If you need any help gimme a yell. I help if I can.

I remember when I couldn't even get a group to board a chopper ::)

Btw, I would delve deeply into ofpecs script snippets section, theres a wealth of info there.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"