Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Some questions about triggers!  (Read 1597 times)

oGhOsTo

Some questions about triggers!
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:20:10 »
Hey guys,

I got a cpl of questions I really need help with. I'm desperate!

1). In my mission, the primary objective is to kill a General (target1). Once that objective is complete, I want an enemy boat to sail off on a predermined route. The objective trigger (getdammage target1 >= 1) is set up and working, as are the WPs for the boat. I've tried synchronizing the boats WPs with the objective trigger, but it just sails off straight away. I also tried using the getdammage command in CONDITION in the boats waypoint, but it still wont work. What do I do?

2). I also have several triggers that should cause enemy squads to move, once these triggers are tripped by the players. How do I get it to work? I've tried with the synchro function, but they just start moving regardless of the trigger being set off or not. What do I do?

3). How do I get an END trigger to activate ONLY when the players have reached a certain waypoint, like an extraction area?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thx,

GhOsT

Gameer_77

Re:Some questions about triggers!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:26:27 »
For your second Q make sure that the triggers type is set to "switch" and that its syncronised to the WP you want the units to wait at. This should solve your first boat prob too.

For the third Q you could have a trigger GROUPED up with the player and set to "whole group" or whatever and "present". then in the type box put end#1 or end#2 etc...

8)PEACE

seanver

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:28:28 »
1. Try to create a waypoint over the boat, and put in it the condition. Then create the other waypoints.

2. Try the same.

3. Create a trigger over the waypoint, and group the trigger to the player.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2002, 06:06:48 »
Welcome to the forums oGhOsTo,

Numbered points in order...

1) For a start do not use unit getdammage >= 1, as sometimes the unit will be dead, but it's dammage value will not quite be 1. I suggest you use:

not (alive unit)

For your boat, put that in the condition field of the waypoint you want it to wait at. This means it won't move past that waypoint until unit is dead. No sync'ing required

2) Give your enemy squad a HOLD waypoint. They squads will move through all their waypoints and wait at the HOLD waypoint. Then make sure your trigger activated by the player is set to Type: switch. Sync it to every HOLD waypoint you've given your different enemy squads.
Then when the trigger goes off, they'll move to the waypoint after the HOLD waypoint.

3) As stated above, create a Group Leader Present trigger, by grouping the trigger with the player (Hit F2 and drag a line from the trigger to the player). Set it's type to end# and not (alive unit) so it will only go off if the player is standing in it and unit is dead.

Good Luck, hope that sorts it for ya ;)

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2002, 14:22:16 »
1. Create a trigger (Size: 0, Activation: None, Condition: not alive target1).
Syncronize (F5) this one with the first waypoint of the boat.
Now it should start if target1 is dead.

2. It sounds like you've syncronized the wrong waypoints. Try to create two wps near together syncronize one and look where the unit stops.
So you can see if the activating trigger is done wrong or you only have mixed up the waypoints.

3. Create a trigger (Type: End1 or End2 and so on...) and connect it (F2) with your player unit.
If you now enter the trigger the mission is finished.

Plage

oGhOsTo

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2002, 04:16:09 »
TY fellas! Just what I needed!  ;D