Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The White House  (Read 1367 times)

PunkerSXDX

The White House
« on: 21 Sep 2002, 01:22:34 »
Some One should Make an Island with the White House, Buchingham Palace (or the British Capitol Bldg), the Kremlen and other Capitol Bildings Mainly for Cut Sceens but, possibly for Counter Terrorist Missions.

Spliff air

Re:The White House
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2002, 13:29:49 »
hey that would be cool know an sas embassy seige or blow up the cremlin dont forget the U.N or the Pentagon

Robbo

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2002, 15:43:11 »
At the SAS mod we were going to be making The Iranian  Embassy siege, the only problem is that OFP indoor combat as we know is sh*t, with clipping problems, ppl falling through floors and getting stuck between objects etc.
But all these places anyway would look sweet even if you couldn't go into them. But ppl trying to make missions inside should be wary of the problems that will occur,
Great Idea though for use in cutscences ;D
Robbo

HotShot

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2002, 17:23:54 »
I agree with Robbo, you cant make descent indoor combat missions. Too many problems. Your ideas good if they were just visuals PunkerSXDX. ;D
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2002, 17:25:50 by HotShot »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2002, 20:17:48 »
Yeah I wasn't thinkin' in side, just maybe an Oval Office, or something, and have a whole Bunch of lawns for fighting in. :D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2002, 23:34:24 »
sounds like good ideas to me also.. seems that with the release of O2 we can add a new skill to the fray possibly... the building editor/modeller...

I'm hoping for a police station myself... and sort of on topic of buildings and being able to fight in em..

I wonder how the AI would do in a parking garage.. lots of wide open spaces with just pillars supporting everything.. make it a few stories high... with nice big ramps going up.. I think if buildings were made that were sort of open.. like stadiums, shopping malls... that sort of thing the AI might not have such a problem with them
:toocool: :dude:

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2002, 01:01:33 »
Yeah that's a Great Idea! I found that if you want CQB just put your mission in a city, so something with the space of a small town but with a roof on it!

RIGHT ON!!!!!  :D

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2002, 05:44:28 »
I was in JC Pennys today (Looking for a Suit, incase you care) going on an Escalator and Thinkin' hey if this we're in OFP it'd be fun! someone should try and make an Escalator.