Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: VBS Missions (Reviews ?)  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
VBS Missions (Reviews ?)
« on: 31 May 2004, 02:52:14 »
As VBS is available to the public, IMHO it would be a normal to have a VBS section in the Mission depot.
I could do reviews to the user created missions because i have bought it with all the addons (although it has not arrived yet ! I hate snail mail).  >:(

So what is the opion of the mighty ones. Should OFPEC go VBS ?

I am interested in your opinions.

If we have some VBS users we could although do some VBS Multiplayer sessions.

With best Regards
Kuro
(Thomas_Michael.Schwarz@Gmx.de)

Dubieman

Re:VBS Missions (Reviews ?)
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2004, 03:32:54 »
And VBS is?

Cause I have no idea what it is. ??? :P

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2004, 04:40:34 »
VBS is the Virtual Battlespace, see

http://virtualbattlespace.com/

it is based on OFP 1. But better Grafics and Engine and AI Improvements.  It is quite expensive (140$ Basic Version, 590$ with all AddOns).  You can only buy it if you have a non US/Canadian credit card.
Just head over to the link above.

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2004, 04:54:35 »
There just aren't enough people with VBS to make this idea work.  I can think of maybe 6 people in the community with it.

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2004, 05:47:44 »
I knew there will be very few people with VBS (at least at this price). But i have read the basic version of VBS contains only some missions (6 or 9) therefore everybody who has bought it will soon looking for user made missions. Why not collect and review them at one place ?
Personally i thought about making an own Page for that but as i brainstormed i found out that it will be the same as the Mission center. So why not enhance the mission center ?

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2004, 07:58:41 »
Sorry guys and gals, OFPEC won't be going "VBS Compatible" for a long while yet (if at all).

Why?
Simple. For the same reason BIS are leaving VBS & support for VBS to BIA/Coalescent.

OFPEC, like BIS, is here to support and focus on the mainstream entertainment packages of OFP, OFP:R and in the future, OFP2.

VBS won't ever become a 'mainstream entertainment package', even within this community, because its simply not meant to be one.
Its a training tool designed for medium to large scale training environments.
And as such, its priced in such a way to keep it out of the interest of the average gamer (the number of owners would easily be less than 0.1% of our community), but its still cost-effective enough to appeal to its target market: police dept's, military institutes, etc

So while VBS might seem attractive to everyone while they're waiting for OFP2, the reasons not to support or host VBS products far outweigh those that aim for supporting VBS.

I won't lock this topic arbitrarily, so as to prevent any other VBS threads appearing, as it would seem this needs to be further discussed and/or clarified before the decision/reasoning is accepted.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2004, 08:00:49 by Noon416 »
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

anwp

« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2004, 09:29:17 »
Hello ,

I agree with Kuro . Someone could make one page with everything about VBS1 , I mean : missions ,a forum ,  a kind of " VBS Editing Center " . As I'm the 36th owner of VBS1 outside of America , I think it could be a good idea in the future .

Regards

F-GDSU

Offline ZNorQ

• Members
  • ehr... uhm... duh...
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2004, 13:13:27 »
I agree with Noon416.

This is a flashpoint GAME site, so lets keep it that way. VBS is flashpoint engine - yes - but wasn't meant for everybody. Lets have a site that all gamers can enjoy. Introducing VBS will be an upperclass section, where all us poor guys stands outside drooling trying to get in..

Btw, I can afford it, but I would be pretty idiotic buying this game (sorry - TRAINING simulator) for that price. I'll just have to wait for OFP2 ..

Does anyone know if OFP2 will contain all that VBS has? (and more?)
(Sorry, an off topic question..)

ZNorQ

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2004, 15:16:11 »
No go for those VBS missions here at OFPEC. It is stupid that you should be better cause you got top grade graphics for $540. I think I'll stick with the $45 I paid for CWC AND OFPR.

They just stole the engine..... ::)

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 01 Jun 2004, 01:02:01 »
Hallo to all VBS Owners,

as it is not possible at OFPEC, i started my own site to collect all info, missions, etc. for VBS. Head over to

http://www.modify-the-game.com/VBS1/

Don't be surprised it is still very unfinished but it is a start.

Greetings
Kuro