Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mine sweepers  (Read 2419 times)

bigdog632

Re:Mine sweepers
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2004, 00:35:22 »
here is the modern or near modern mine clearing device
well one of them anyway

PsyWarrior

« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2004, 13:54:00 »
Um... where, bigdog632?

???

Still a hand grenade should be able to blow up a mine come on....

Yeah, but you would be there for years if you had to destroy an entire minefield using hand grenades... not to mention the fact that if you were close enough to use a hand grenade, you would get caught in the almighty explosion that results, when one mine explodes, and triggers off the other mines (in theory)...

And it would still have to be scripted, since I don't think that OFP mines are affected by firing/ explosions.

-Psy|W
« Last Edit: 22 May 2004, 13:56:58 by PsyWarrior »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2004, 14:22:29 »
Modern day mine clearers, they're used all the time in ex-warzones/3rd world places
Some are like big tractor/steam-rollers, with loads of metal plates that are like wheels, others uses chain flails
I guess google images or www.altavista.com images would show a lot of stuff up (Theres videos of 'em working too)

On the subject of mine feilds... How can I get the ai not to run blindly over the minefeild...?
"MINE FEILD!"
"Oh well, just run for it"
 ::)
- Ben

Dubieman

« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2004, 17:35:43 »
I before E except after C DBR Onix. ;) ;D
(Its mine field)

Using hand grenades or other means like a law from far away and oh yeah don't forget the M203 launchers, can be effective. I haven't seen many minefields in OFP and the real threat is mainly one or two or three mines put across the road by engineers or black ops.

What kind of AI are we stopping? If its tanks there is not much that can be done since they aren''t the best vehicles to have perihpial vision in. Try the CWC campaign mission "Rolling Thunder" where you have to capture Montinac with your tanks and attack the heavily defended road area in the middle of your route. I thought I was bad ass unitil 2 tanks including mine were out of action and the other two trapped with out turrets casue the turret was badly damaged and then the infantry had AT3's, not pretty. Not to mention my tank was upside down.
 :P
Tanks need infantry in front to find the mines first then they can avoid them.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #19 on: 22 May 2004, 18:40:09 »
you could make a tank with a mine sweeper roller thing on the front like this
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/14873/mine.jpg
and it should work :D

I-RZ#

« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2004, 19:23:17 »
Well that chain thing was back in the 40s when mines weren't as powerful and the brace arm holding the chain was a long ways away from the actual body of the tank.

I was meaning to say it's a problem with the game engine where it would damage the tank instead of nothing :(.  Scripting it could solve it.

Homefry31464

« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2004, 20:39:07 »
Ok, Where exactly can i find it? the internet is a big place...

I think:

http://www.everoncartel.com

Dubieman

« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2004, 21:45:12 »
Ohh okay I get what you meant IRZ yah scripting that would be weird, maybe a quick setdammgae script?

Oyman that's sort of what I was lookin for but the roller has to farther out and smaller I guess. Well what's that anyways? Infantry roller? :-\ ;D

bigdog632

« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2004, 22:21:45 »
www.fas.org has some mine and obstacle clearing instruments on its site

a marine friend of mine works with one of htem, it almost blew him up lol

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m58-miclic.htm

this is one of them it is rocket propelled perhaps make it act like a mortar and everything say 20m past the trailer to the rounds landing point blows up? if thats possible

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2004, 04:03:42 »
oyman that's sort of what I was lookin for but the roller has to farther out and smaller I guess. Well what's that anyways? Infantry roller?  
works as both ;D

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2004, 11:17:21 »
Who made that addon? :)
Isn't it already in game  ???

I might have a go at modifying a tractor with a chain fail at sometime
But it will always need to be spinning, I think

- Ben

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #26 on: 23 May 2004, 17:20:52 »
Who made that addon? :)
Isn't it already in game  ???
i suppose you are talking to me,anyways i made that addon yesterday,this thread gave me a idea to make a mine clearer thing. as of right now it can survive 4 mines,i just need to figure out how to give the treads more armor 8)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #27 on: 24 May 2004, 21:27:42 »
Hmmm.. i saw a script that replared a cars tires (Nothing else)
In the eds depot.. Are the tracks like tires?
You done that in a day?  :o

Sounds good anyway :)

- Ben

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #28 on: 25 May 2004, 18:31:44 »
Hmmm.. i saw a script that replared a cars tires (Nothing else)
In the eds depot.. Are the tracks like tires?
You done that in a day?  :o

Sounds good anyway :)

- Ben
theres a script like that ???,well the minesweeper is defined as a tank,and if you pair it up with Gummi's vehicle fix script (http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=332) it can survive alot of mines ;D.it actually took me about ~1hr 30min to model the roller and arm + retexture a few things/test it abit ;) i also made the arm farther away from the tank and the roller is smaller
« Last Edit: 26 May 2004, 18:13:56 by oyman »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #29 on: 04 Jun 2004, 18:00:54 »
I just saw the script and read a bit about it.. I can't remeber where (or if ::)) I saw it...
This site, I think it was, though..
- Ben