Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Rogues  (Read 1045 times)

Dubieman

Rogues
« on: 19 May 2004, 19:58:27 »
After reading this book called Dead Center, about a marine sniper in Vietnam, I came up with an idea.
He was kinda nuts cause he liked what he was doing and reupped 6 monthes every chance he got.

But the mission could center on his expeirences. Like he went through boot camp and then police action in Santo Domingo where he did stupid stuff like charging mgs.
Then go to Nam where you go through sniper school and start with grunt ops. He then joined force recon and did stuff with them. Later he got weird jobs like helping ARVN at a forward base where he got a 1400m+ shot with a
Winchester 30-06. Then he went on and lobbied for and got sniper patrols called the Rogues. They mainly went out to the Co Bi Than Tan valley to ice "gooks" and disable booby traps  cause grunts were dying a lot.
Then on and on this goes. If you've read the book I think it would be an interesting campaign.

Phew! :P

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Rogues
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2004, 20:15:15 »
Hmmm... Sniper + Thick, thick jungle... One at a time they are fun and interesting but together... Not sure...

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2004, 21:42:29 »
Vietnam was not all jungle... ::)

There were bare spots, but yes he and his team did travel through the jungle. The carried 2 winchester 30-06s and three M14s usually so they weren't going to get there asses kicked.

Plus some of the abandoned villages were somewhat open as were the rice paddies.

I'd suggest you get the book. Its a good one. ;)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2004, 21:58:15 »
Give me a swedish title and I'm on it, m8! :D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat: