Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realism Script - More Wounds, Less Death!  (Read 18138 times)

Offline pexmo

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Realism Script - More Wounds, Less Death!
« Reply #135 on: 19 Jan 2005, 13:36:49 »
any progress?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #136 on: 26 Mar 2005, 22:30:53 »
I'm doing this. Seriously. It would be so bloody cool. I got all the heavy stuff laid out. I know I can do it.

I need at least one animator. And a lot of voice actors. I'd love some russian actors too.

Pathy, any files from the old project are very, very welcomed.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline supershooter

• Members
  • 2+2=4
« Reply #137 on: 30 Mar 2005, 15:45:03 »
Sounds cool. Any progress updates. Things seemed to have died down a little.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #138 on: 30 Mar 2005, 19:53:04 »
I've started to plan up the project. I need animators and voice actors. I got myself an addon maker though. :)

A couple of planned features:
* Realistic Injuries based on the place where the bullet entered the body.
* MEDEVAC/CASEVAC addons and scripts
* Loads of voices all from screaming in agony to yelling 'grenade!'.
* Everything can be customized. Swearing can be removed if you like. Injuries can have different effects. MEDEVAC/CASEVAC can be called in just when the mission maker wants. Everything.
* Letting addon and mod makers make their vehicle compatible to the MEDEVAC/CASEVAC system.
* Much, much more.

makkaramies

« Reply #139 on: 03 Apr 2005, 04:59:26 »
HI THERE ;D

its fantastic that somebody took over this job. Just a couple questions:

# how about medics then? are they still able to autoheal thmself??
they should not, i think... of course people don have to use them, i dont!

#what about the BAS deltas and rangers, they have medic abilities??
the addon pack is one of the best iÂ've seen, and iÂ'm using them a lot, but this miraculous selfhealing really buggs.. WHATTA F IS THAT.... really guys...

In most armys, every combat soldier has a little first aid kit in their gear, but
i cant imagine a single person, who could be able to run around fast after being hit anywhere else than arms, no matter how much bandages are put around the wound. Even the "hands hit" is very dangerous if you dont stay still after being hit...you know... walking i can just about accept, not running with a hole in your leg!!!
Not even the israel specops who attach drains in their vains in every limb with ducktape, and carry 1 or 2 bags of plasma in the back of their shoulders + morphine injectors... (would be a great addon btw,)

Ofcourse in combat situations its not healthy to sit still on your arse if somebody is firing at your position. any way, getting wounded will seriously compromise and effect your abilities to move and complete your mission. situation changes to surving and getting the hellouttathere!!

If you are a group leader and one of your men gets hit, the same thing there. it will always, more or less affect the whole groups ability to move.
the victim needs help and cover depending how badly he is injured. if the injury is bad it will take a third man to move the victim to cover. one man cant carry a nother for long distances.

"the firemans carry" , or "draging a dude from his shoulder/neck" - animation + script / function would be fantastic for SHORT distances only, and w. slow speed !! = about 50 m ?? then must stop and rest awhile before able to continue. the terrain effects carrying too..

"2 guys carrying one" or "2 guys dragging/towing a guy" - animation would be also great... hmm there is a towing script there already, but its for vehicles. Well maby you can get something out of it?

REMEMBER A FACT: A soldier with full battle gear incl. kevlar wests, weights easily over 100 kg:s!!! AND the person who is carrying him has his own gear too. you cannot leave your weapon and wests either, in any situation, especially when in combat.
And you cant just leave your wounded behind. ItÂ's only in the most extreme situation that leader makes that call. That could only mean that  the rest of your groups survival would be at serious  risk. == attaking and wery close to the enemy
close combat doesnt usually take long, so if you can take the enemies out or get them running fast, then you have time to take care of the injured.

ANOTHER FACT: sometimes we people are quite durable when it comes to  bad injuries. it usually takes quite long for a for ex. bleed to death, even when if the whole right arm was blown away, well... you know what i mean... Did you know that its better to get wounded when its cold weather??

forex: if you know about the Falkland war history and when the paratroopers fought one evening. After the fight they found serously wounded soldiers lying around ALIVE not before the next morning. it was cold but not too cold. that started a cinda deeper investication aroud  the medical sience people about cold effects to slow down damages....  
Ofcourse the cold can also easily kill you...bla...bla

Before the JAMHD / dispersion stuff came along, i can somehow understand the healing stuff, but nowdays its a joke!!

I send cheers and best wishes for everyone whos involved in this project.
its one of the most important realism factors missing from ofp.

i could even take part as an voice actor, if you could advice me how to produce acceptable voice files for you to use....

damn.. sorry guys, a lot of tex w. bad english.. sorry... got a little carried away there.. huh

best regards

:cheers: :gunman: :thumbsup: :wow: :moon: :
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2005, 05:25:24 by makkaramies »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #140 on: 03 Apr 2005, 12:06:59 »
Hey,

# how about medics then? are they still able to autoheal thmself??
No. :)

#what about the BAS deltas and rangers, they have medic abilities??
This depends on how the medic-auto-healing part of the script will be. I have several ideas on how it could look, and I will incorporate the one which works the best on official units as a priority.

In most armys, every combat soldier has a little first aid kit in their gear, but
i cant imagine a single person, who could be able to run around fast after being hit anywhere else than arms, no matter how much bandages are put around the wound. Even the "hands hit" is very dangerous if you dont stay still after being hit...you know... walking i can just about accept, not running with a hole in your leg!!!

Any serious wound (not like shots in your toe) will make you incapable of moving.

If you are a group leader and one of your men gets hit, the same thing there. it will always, more or less affect the whole groups ability to move.
the victim needs help and cover depending how badly he is injured. if the injury is bad it will take a third man to move the victim to cover. one man cant carry a nother for long distances.

"the firemans carry" , or "draging a dude from his shoulder/neck" - animation + script / function would be fantastic for SHORT distances only, and w. slow speed !! = about 50 m ?? then must stop and rest awhile before able to continue. the terrain effects carrying too..

The squad will never move friendly injured units. What they can do is to help them by stopping the bleeding, give them morphine, etc. All movement will be made by the CASEVAC/MEDEVAC guys, and they have a nice lil stretcher addon. :)

i could even take part as an voice actor, if you could advice me how to produce acceptable voice files for you to use....
Sure, sure. I'll contact you with more details when I've solved some stuff.

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #141 on: 03 Apr 2005, 19:08:47 »
Hmm I'm surprised that I've never noticed this thread before. Been wanting something like this for sometime. Being a sucker for 'Nam, this would go very well in my 'Nam missions. I did a bleeding script once, which gradually decreased the units healt if the injury was big. And using Snypir's tougher units script has been mentioned before, but I found it to be more usefull than some. :) It really made those 6 man SOG recon teams stand out when they were outnumbered, and the enemy was using HD weapons. More injueries, less death, but that together combined with the bleeding script did cause some grief, but I was n00b back then. :D

Anyways, what I ment to say was, that I think I have a medevac script on my HD. I found it sometime ago on my mates mission. I remember it being discussed here too once but I couldn't find the thread. I think it was before the forums were installed again. I can try to make it work and, if you want, send it your way. I've never tried it before and wont quarantee that it'll work, though. ;)

makkaramies

« Reply #142 on: 04 Apr 2005, 00:35:01 »
yes yes cool ;D ;D i trust you dmakatra, i think you know what your doing :thumbsup:

just trying to give some pointers... ;D

please dont over shoot that notablemoving thing tough....under fire that i mean..
shock, adrenalin, pain and fear makes wonders sometimes.. Have you seen some archive  documentarys forex. D-Day, thre is 1 clip about a dude on the omaha beach. Hes whole leg is blown apart from the thigh down, and hes draging him self with one hand, and with the other hand he is dragging the missing foot... 2 clip was about the paratrooppers, same thing there but the leg was just a piece of pudding, just still attached to his body when he crawled past the camera with speed...mkay

your idea obout the medivacs doing the job + animations is perfect.
i would really like to see what you can make the group do and behave BEFORE the medivacs can get there :o

AND what about if the LZ is too hot, not to mention ground to air defences
or even enemy air support ??? Base commanders wont send choppers if if the risk is too high, choppers can also turn around if they face too many holes trough the wind screen...

maby alternative transports, 5-tons, humvees, bradleys, m113s, boats, depending enemy numbers and distance.... bla bla...

AND what if the situation is so bad that its simply impossible to get medivac what so ever. And the group has to move it self to a safe zone, lest say more than 500 m or 1 KLICK before rescue efforts are possible...bla...bla...
That is what i mean with one man or two man carrying the wounded....bla...bla..

ONE more thin. If , you actually do this right, i mean really get this work. I can see that this might be one of the greatest ever made in ofp community. It could seriously change the whole concept for missionn making when it comes to "conditions" and "mission compleated" things...
It might even get few people very angry because their hard work with campaigns would need some serious re-editing...bla ..bla.. I salute you.  

ok..ok i will stop now...he..he

:cheers: :gunman: :wave: :tomato: :P
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2005, 01:34:45 by makkaramies »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #143 on: 04 Apr 2005, 01:49:16 »
Anyways, what I ment to say was, that I think I have a medevac script on my HD. I found it sometime ago on my mates mission. I remember it being discussed here too once but I couldn't find the thread. I think it was before the forums were installed again. I can try to make it work and, if you want, send it your way. I've never tried it before and wont quarantee that it'll work, though. ;)
No, I'm fine thanks. Due to the nature of the scripts, incorporating an already done medevac script would just complicate things. I'd rather write my own code. :)

yes yes cool ;D ;D i trust you dmakatra, i think you know what your doing :thumbsup:
Great thing one of us does. ;D

your idea obout the medivacs doing the job + animations is perfect.
i would really like to see what you can make the group do and behave BEFORE the medivacs can get there

I still have a lot of ideas on things I want to include here. But medics aren't the only combat unit that knows first aid so you will most probably see regular units taking care of wounded, only medics do it better. :)

AND what about if the LZ is too hot, not to mention ground to air defences
or even enemy air support  Base commanders wont send choppers if if the risk is too high, choppers can also turn around if they face too many holes trough the wind screen...

Don't worry, this have been taken care of already. Kinda hard to explain, but it involves one of my main goals; to make the most customizabled scripting mod on this earth. :)

maby alternative transports, 5-tons, humvees, bradleys, m113s, boats, depending enemy numbers and distance.... bla bla...
Taken care of already. :)

AND what if the situation is so bad that its simply impossible to get medivac what so ever. And the group has to move it self to a safe zone, lest say more than 500 m or 1 KLICK before rescue efforts are possible...bla...bla...
That is what i mean with one man or two man carrying the wounded....bla...bla..

Interesting idea... I might include that in later versions.

If , you actually do this right, i mean really get this work. I can see that this might be one of the greatest ever made in ofp community. It could seriously change the whole concept for missionn making when it comes to "conditions" and "mission compleated" things...
Yes, I've been planning to implent a rating thingy to the script as well.

I salute you.
No man, I'm a pacifist! Don't bleeding salute me! :P ;D

Thanks for your positive comments.

Make dmakatra (and Pathy) Happy - Learn How To Animate Today! :thumbsup: