Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: An artillery script needed  (Read 1835 times)

Egwal

An artillery script needed
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:25:26 »
I need a artillery script to my coop mission. Its a 3pers coop mission where u have to clear Houdan from infantry. And i need to call in artillery fire over Houdan via radio.

So how do i do this? ???

Thanks

mikeb

Re:An artillery script needed
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:29:31 »
Such a shame!

The old forum had loads of these, as did the old tutorials and code snippets sites.  I'm sure I've got a great script that someone wrote (so all praise to whoever that was) lying around somewhere.  It involved all sorts of artillery fire and the ability to define the target in game using a moveable marker on the map!

I'll have a look for it and check if I'm allowed to pass it on myself.

Otherwise I'm sure you could wait just a few more days for the main site to come back online.  I'm certain they will still have a multitude of artillery scripts.

M

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:43:17 »

_Centre = _this select 0
_area = _this select 1
_shells = _this select 2

_CentrePos = GetMarkerPos _Centre
_xco = _CentrePos select 0
_yco = _CentrePos select 1
_zco = _CentrePos select 2

_areaX2 = _area * 2

#start

_bomb1 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb2 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb3 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]

~20

_bomb4 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb5 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb6 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb7 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb8 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb9 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb10 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb11 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]

~1

_bomb12 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb13 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb14 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb15 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb16 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb17 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]

~0.5

_bomb18 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb19 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb20 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb21 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb22 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb23 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb24 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb25 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]

~0.3

_bomb26 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb27 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb28 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb29 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]
_bomb30 = "Shell125" camCreate [_xco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_yco + Random(_areaX2) - _area,_zco + 150]

~10

_a= _shells - 1

Exit
---------------------------
Here's one artillery script that you can use. I haven't used it yet, but it looks ok to me.
Not all is lost.

mikeb

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:48:07 »
It was someone calling himself Reaper that made the script I was talking about.  Don't know who that was but that script was very useful for being able to attack discovered targets in-game.

mikeb

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:49:49 »
Quick Q.

Regarding my previous post I actually have that script.  Would I be allowed to post it here to help Egwal or not.  The script readme is unclear on whether "Reaper" (whoever he is) would allow me to do this....?

danbryant4

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 16:45:19 »
Unless he copyrighted it (which I extremely doubt), legally you can do anything you want with/to it. Now the honor system in this community might have some problems with that, but as long as you give him credit, I can't see why there would be a problem.

Daniel J Bryant

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
  • where's the ultra-theoretical mega-scripting forum
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:42:11 »
Actually, copyright law is a little more murky than that, but in general you wonºt run into trouble.
The big problem with most artillery scripts is that htey don't work multiplayer (usermarker does not work).

I wrote a big artillery script/suite precisely for MP Coop.  Target location is by grid coords (entered 1.46 style via action menu), polar plot from observer's location, or laser polar plot with the Laser Designator.  Correction was along the OT line (with an option to correct along GT line).  It was on the old forum, but not for the weak of heart.  I'd post it here now, but I'm out of the country for a couple weeks. Either wait until then, or wait for the new ofpec or uyse something else.

Of course, if you just want to rain shells on a given location, there are plenty of scripts for that.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2002, 19:43:06 by Dinger »
Dinger/Cfit

Vyper

« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:15:58 »
Could somebody just Zip me up that moveable marker artil script......

i need one for use in single player to add a bit more to my nam mission (i'm making a mini LZ X-ray mission).

If you could many thanks

If you can't many thanks anyway.

Vyper

Vyper

« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:18:17 »
with some instructions if possible......i'm not new to editing but i'm just begining to brave scripts....so i'm a relative newbie to them!

Vyper

mikeb

« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:18:46 »
I would but I'm still unsure about the legal side of things.  The site will be up in a few days apparently and this site is where I got the script in the first place.

so hopefully they'll still have it.

Sorry I can't be more help

M

sans-pareil

« Reply #10 on: 24 Dec 2002, 13:48:14 »
You don't really need the user marker anymore. With the onmapsingleclick command you can send a position to any script very easily.

I have a script for you, I wrote it from scratch myself, and you can call it from a radio if you use the right trigger and the onmapsingleclick command. It isn't in the editors depot yet' as I've still been playing with it. It's attached to this message.

The usage is described in the script. If you use the onmapsingleclick in the on activation field of your radio trigger, you can have the shells land whereever the player clicks. I'm afraid I'm supposed to be making a lamb roast at the moment otherwise I would make you a quick example mission. Works fine in MP too.

Sans-pareil

Offline KeyCat

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 25 Dec 2002, 15:10:44 »
Works fine in MP too.

Works fine in SP but could you please tell how to get your script to work in MP as stated above? Just tried and it did not work correctly! When I (as host) called arty I could see and hear the explosions fine but my friend that was connected as client could not...

The only artillery script that I found works in MP is a script written by Doolittle but that script has a major error in calculation since it misses big time (i.e 1.5+ km) when using it over long distances  :-\

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2002, 15:17:35 by KeyCat »
- The journey is the reward!

sans-pareil

« Reply #12 on: 26 Dec 2002, 01:48:41 »
There are a few possibilities. I have run it in MP games without it appearing to have any problems.

I can think of two things.
1. Your friends detail settings are so low he doesn't get explosions.
2. You have set the burst height to 0, which sort of makes the explosions go off "in" the ground, making them poorly visible.

Other than that, I am not familiar with any problems. Please keep me posted of the problems you have, and I'll run a test too after christmas.

Offline KeyCat

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 26 Dec 2002, 07:15:50 »
Thanks for your reply Sans-pareil but the things you list are not the problem, the problem is with the arty script.

Would love to hear how you get it to work in MP. Maybe you could share the MP mission you played and I can take it from there.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2002, 07:37:33 by KeyCat »
- The journey is the reward!

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
  • where's the ultra-theoretical mega-scripting forum
« Reply #14 on: 31 Dec 2002, 20:50:13 »
The problem is caused by Camcreating Shells, which doesn't transmit all effects to clients.  Replace CamCreate with CreateVehicle and it will work fine.
Dinger/Cfit