Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI Airstrip  (Read 7998 times)

JLC

Re:AI Airstrip
« Reply #45 on: 01 Jul 2004, 05:53:18 »
I dont think you can.

I have not said in any moment that I am the one that can make it. The only thing that I say is that it would be interesting to be able to see how it is that BIS makes this. I have been trying with the command setvelocity. And I have seen myself that, after it applies to an airplane the AI returns to their previous speed. There are other commands with those that the same thing happens, and that is something that you have discussed here. I repeat that, if a look could be taken to the autopilot scripts of BIS. One could see how it is that they achieve these things.  

addon makers will include the required functions in there addon. Then there would be no additional files needed.

I believe that you have not understood the idea, what I am outlining is to modify in some way the original scripts so that they work like it should be.

Unnamed

« Reply #46 on: 01 Jul 2004, 12:16:51 »
I believe that you have not understood the idea, what I am outlining is to modify in some way the original scripts so that they work like it should be.

I dont think there are any original scripts available, it is all contained in the executable.

For setvelocity, you need to call it in a loop:

Code: [Select]
#Loop

_Plane SetVelocity [2,2,0]

~0.1
goto "Loop"
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2004, 12:17:06 by Unnamed »

JLC

« Reply #47 on: 03 Jul 2004, 00:48:50 »
I dont think there are any original scripts available, it is all contained in the executable.

You don't have idea of as it hurts me to hear this news. I had my secret hopes to take a look to these scripts.  

For setvelocity, you need to call it in a loop:

If this is what I am making, but I don't like it. The commands stop true and disableai "move" they don't work me like they would should

Commando

« Reply #48 on: 09 Jul 2004, 01:52:57 »
You guys know that there's a version 0.6 released by [APS] Gnat on the official forums under addons & mods complete section?  ;D
it says they made all 4 catapults usable and some other stuff.
Could be something worth to check out  ;)