Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI Airstrip  (Read 7997 times)

Unnamed

Re:AI Airstrip
« Reply #30 on: 04 May 2004, 20:25:35 »
Bet they didn't have 'Random-sending-half-the-players-to-their-doom' though...

They managed to get 50% failure on there own  ;D

If you were going for a full release, you'd need to do this for as many planes as you could get permission to do so for.

I just knocked this up, but I dont see it being that much larger:

Code: [Select]
class CfgVehicles
{
   class All {};
   class AllVehicles: All {};
   class Air: AllVehicles {};
   class Plane: Air {};
   class A10: Plane {};
   class AI_A10: A10
   {
   animated=1;
   displayName="AI A10";
   gearRetracting = false;

class Animations
      {
         class DoorsAnim1
         {
            type="rotation";
            animPeriod=1;
            selection="dvere1";
            axis="osa_dvere1";
            angle0=0;
            angle1=-0.55;
         };

class DoorsAnim2
         {
            type="rotation";
            animPeriod=1;
            selection="dvere2";
            axis="osa_dvere2";
            angle0=0;
            angle1=-0.30;
         };

Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â class LeftGear
         Â Â Â Â Â Â {
           Â Â Â Â Â Â  type="rotation";
           Â Â Â Â Â Â  animPeriod=1;
           Â Â Â Â Â Â  selection="left gear";
           Â Â Â Â Â Â  axis="axis left gear";
                  angle0=0
                  angle1=.20;
               };

class RightGear
               {
                Â Â Â type="rotation";
                    animPeriod=1;
           Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â selection="right gear";
           Â Â Â Â Â Â     axis="axis right gear";
                    angle0=0
                  Â Â Â angle1=-.20;
       Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  };

Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â class NoseGear
       Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  {
         Â Â Â Â Â Â       type="rotation";
         Â Â Â Â Â Â       animPeriod=1;
         Â Â Â Â Â Â       selection="nose gear";
         Â Â Â Â Â Â       axis="axis nose gear";
         Â Â Â Â Â Â   Â Â Â angle0=0
         Â Â Â Â Â Â   Â Â Â angle1=2.2;
       Â Â Â Â Â Â      };

class LeftGearCover
         Â Â Â Â Â Â {
           Â Â Â Â Â Â  type="rotation";
           Â Â Â Â Â Â  animPeriod=1;
           Â Â Â Â Â Â  selection="left cover";
           Â Â Â Â Â Â  axis="axis left cover";
                  angle0=0
                  angle1=-1.55;
               };

class RightGearCover
               {
                Â Â Â type="rotation";
                    animPeriod=1;
           Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â selection="right cover";
           Â Â Â Â Â Â     axis="axis right cover";
                    angle0=0
                  Â Â Â angle1=1.55;
       Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  };
      };
   };

Not that it would not ask, but as I planned on just inheriting from a class, and not changing anything from the original addon. I did not think I had to ask permission, as it would not be the addon I released, but something that supports an addon?

Good. How is the AI going to be moved around on the ground? A setPos/ setDir loop? May look a little strange, though.

SetPos and SetDIr all set a vehicles pitch to 0, so for the likes of the Sopwith it makes it dip over and over again. Ground crew towing it would be the best way, at worst it will taxi straight into a hanger then get teleported to a more permanent hanger out of the way of the next landing.

I'll send you an IM.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2004, 21:30:20 by Unnamed »

PsyWarrior

« Reply #31 on: 06 May 2004, 15:28:03 »
I just knocked this up, but I dont see it being that much larger:
That is smaller than I expected.

They managed to get 50% failure on there own
HALO script + High Ping = Death...

Not that it would not ask, but as I planned on just inheriting from a class, and not changing anything from the original addon. I did not think I had to ask permission, as it would not be the addon I released, but something that supports an addon?
Yes, I see. Since there's no modification involved, I don't see any problem.

SetPos and SetDIr all set a vehicles pitch to 0
Ah, yes, I remember that now. Oh well.

-Psy|W

Commando

« Reply #32 on: 13 May 2004, 11:36:44 »
the falklands Hermes carrier is to small and to hard to land on, there is a pretty new or old at this time depening on who from who's view you look at it..

here is a link to download it. http://members.iinet.net.au/~nrspence/hwk_uss_nimitz_05.rar

and here is some pictures links

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=7c81adb174479ac84fbcf36b599bb667;act=ST;f=33;t=36592;st=2430

Unnamed

« Reply #33 on: 13 May 2004, 11:58:16 »
Yeah I thought it was small myself, but I went for it because it was made in my home town. I would have prefered the Invincible, as I got a day off school to watch its launch :)

P.S Could not see a screen shot, but Ive downloaded it anyway.

PsyWarrior

« Reply #34 on: 13 May 2004, 11:59:20 »

I can land on the Hermes... It took a little practice, but I can do it with the A10, F/A 18 and Tornado. It is possible, but requires some practice, and a slight modification to the breaking triggers to make them sensitive enough to actually stop you...

Hitting the carrier shouldn't be that much of a problem. We need to hit targets of about that size anyway, If we are going to see any real deployment of the system in an RTS environment (can't have the player building massive long 2KM long runways across the map).

Of course, when I say "Shouldn't be that much of a problem", I'm speaking relatively... ;D

I actually downloaded the Nimitz recently, but haven't got around to installing it yet. I'll take a look at it later.

-Psy|W

Commando

« Reply #35 on: 13 May 2004, 17:14:03 »
try the nimitz it is much more well done with textures and it has built in scripts like bas choppers for an example  :D so when you get close enough to carrier it comes up a line in action menu saying land with line break and you choose it and then you slow down and lower the plane down and touch down! It stops the plane the instant you hit the ground.
Textures are top work and model too. it has 4 working catapults to btw
and the whole thing can be placed out preasembled either in groups west or in empty HAWK -vehicles - Nimitz.

it has a radar that spins around automatically all the time and hmm it works in MP to with all scripts  8) its much larger than the Hermes i know i said that one before but i really want you to use this carrier instead because i think it may even be easier for a.i's to land on it because of built in scripts and or the size of it. only negative thing is that you can't drive the carrier or get in as commander in a control or radar tower so you could view radar and move the ship but hey you can't have everything i guess. I have made many fine missions with nimitz carrier and the hudson & pennywise F-18.  ;D

PsyWarrior

« Reply #36 on: 13 May 2004, 17:24:25 »
it is much more well done with textures
Nimitz == "FINAL"
Hermes == "BETA"
 ;)

But yeah, I'll have to install that when I get home.

Anyway, the script will probably work both with the Nimitz and the Hermes. And other plane-landing-on-things... ::)

-Psy|W

Commando

« Reply #37 on: 13 May 2004, 19:20:47 »
okay sounds like a good script!  8)
Me is getting intrested in this little project here  ;D

Unnamed

« Reply #38 on: 13 May 2004, 19:53:50 »
I do like the Nimitz, although to be fair to the Falklands mod team there stuff is still beta. But Hawk has certainly set the standard.

you can't drive the carrier or get in as commander

If you can man the working Vulcan turrets in MP. I'm sure we could rig something using the Game Logic system developed for Psychic Production's MCar, to steer it. Although thats probably a project for further down the line.

PsyWarrior is correct, if we can make it work for the Hermes then the Nimitz will be a doddle :)

PsyWarrior

« Reply #39 on: 13 May 2004, 21:10:12 »
Both Unnamed and I have other immediate priorities right now (one of which is project MCAR), and it is possible that this system will only see deployment in a joint RTS mod, rather than as a standalone system (due to the difficulty of writing a new CPP for every supported aircraft).

EDIT: Ignore the above. Unnamed now has the ability to resume work on this system.

But you'll see it in some form or another eventually... ;)

-Psy|W
EDIT: K'Pekt! Unnamed beat me to it...
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2004, 14:37:09 by PsyWarrior »

Unnamed

« Reply #40 on: 22 Jun 2004, 08:31:24 »
Just a quick update, I'm still working on it :)

An AI F18 landing on the Nimitz. The eagle eyed amongst you might just notice an AI C130 landing on the Nogova North runway as well.
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2004, 16:10:34 by Unnamed »

Commando

« Reply #41 on: 22 Jun 2004, 12:06:46 »
 :o ;D :D :) awesome work! How did you people got the a.i to land on both aircraft carrier and the northern airfield. i can't wait untill i get my hands on this i can draw the scenario when me and some friends are playing coop over the Lan or  internet and we have c130's transporting the woundead from the battlefield to the airbase islands hospital and then going back and forth like a bus traffic  :D  this is the best news of the day!!!  ;D

Unnamed

« Reply #42 on: 22 Jun 2004, 23:05:59 »
How did you people got the a.i to land on both aircraft carrier and the northern airfield.

It was easier than I thought to land the AI, there is a bit or work involved making it into a useable system. But I dont know why OFP never supported more than one runway, probably a last minute thing.

i get my hands on this i can draw the scenario when me and some friends are playing coop over the Lan or internet and we have c130's transporting the woundead from the battlefield to the airbase islands hospital and then going back and forth like a bus traffic    this is the best news of the day!!!

When I'm closer to releasing a Beta, it would be great if you would be interested in doing some missions? Although it is going to have to rely on addons, for most aircraft.

I know what I want form the system, but I have a specific type of mission in mind. I would like to add extra features if there gonna be usefull to others.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2004, 12:32:08 by Unnamed »

JLC

« Reply #43 on: 28 Jun 2004, 18:33:19 »
Somebody has idea of as being able to take a look to the scripts of BIS that carry out the action of the landing. It would be interesting to see how they have made it and what treatment they give him. Could also give us to us an idea of how to modify this so that all the airplanes can land without having to modify them. Personally I think that it is easier to generate a patch for a single thing that for many.  In all ways I think that what you have made this very well and I am crazy to see it in action.

Unnamed

« Reply #44 on: 29 Jun 2004, 03:36:09 »
Could also give us to us an idea of how to modify this so that all the airplanes can land without having to modify them.

Only those that do not need to lower there landing gear will work without an addon. The Sopwith and the Cessna for example.

Could also give us to us an idea of how to modify this so that all the airplanes can land without having to modify them.

I dont think you can. Perhaps if it works ok, addon makers will include the required functions in there addon. Then there would be no additional files needed.

But I cant see this being used for that many missions, there are only certain types that need more than one working runway.

Cheers