Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Silenced Sidearm  (Read 5644 times)

Fishion

Silenced Sidearm
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 13:46:24 »
Wierd that nobody already got that idea:
A Semi-Auto only Silenced Sidearm, (read Pistol)
like a HK USP-SD
Or something similar. (and I don't mean that Silenced UZI in
the Secondary Slot)

-Fishion

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Silenced Sidearm
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:14:25 »
at lost brothers we have a silenced HK MP5SD as a sidearm - will that do?

otherwise i know we are making a silence handgun and im sure there are a hell of a lot of other peeps doing the same.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Robbo

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:14:29 »
yeh, i've been trying to make a mission with silenced weapons and it works except the damn UZI which for some reason attracts the enemies attention
Robbo

Fishion

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 15:05:31 »
Actually I though more along the lines of a not-automatic
Sidearm, basically a pistol, like they already have, simply with a Silencer...oh well

danbryant4

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 16:49:06 »
I'm sure 1,000,000,000,000's of people are making a silenced pistol. I'd like a Colt .45 myself.

Daniel J Bryant

SEAL84

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:14:02 »
Beretta 92FS with a foot of silencer on the end....now that's a silenced gun.

Or a silenced SOCOM.

Chomps

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2002, 03:00:40 »
The two posts above basically say exactly what I wanted.  ;D

mikeb

« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2002, 03:05:00 »
I'd like to see those too.  Having blackops with silenced automatics seems to be a bit easy.  Much prefr to havethem pcking off individuals carefully with a close-range shot and only if the mission goes badly do they use an automatic, which gets noisy.  More fun I think.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2002, 05:25:04 »
Some one should make the Pistol from Metal Gear Solid they called it a SOCOM Pistol but it looked Different, it was a .45 with a Silencer and a 12 round mag, I assume it's based on a real gun considering he also had a FA MAS and some other Real Gear, some stuff was BS though like Chaff Grenades?

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2002, 12:56:04 »
hmmmm how about a Walther PPK/ a Walther PPK fitted with a silencer. You all know who made that gun famous  ;)
7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2002, 13:54:06 »
me?

;D   ;D   ;D

well when flipers finishes the tool where we can get to BIS models we could alos make a silenced berreta and glock by basically adding a cylinger on the end of the weapon - and changing the .cpp and sounds - easy enuff  :D
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2002, 13:55:42 by Messiah »

Fishion

« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2002, 13:14:10 »
I'm just wondering now...people have made Sidearms...Ketegeys has made a Makarov
(not to mention his Drill and NailGun), others have
done that too...why does everybody think Sidearms
have to be Automatic?  ???

-Fishion

SEAL84

« Reply #12 on: 23 Aug 2002, 16:15:08 »
Technically the Beretta and SOCOM are automatics....the Colt .45 and the Luger were the first big "automatic" handguns, and since then they all have been, unless you want a Colt Peacemaker revolver or something  ;)

mikeb

« Reply #13 on: 23 Aug 2002, 16:27:24 »
I think people are getting confused by the term 'automatic'.  Some of you are using it in it's true technical sense.  Others by what they believe automatic to mean.

I think the people out there are asking for handguns that cannot support automatic or burst fire.  They are not using the term 'automatic' to refer to the rechambering of rounds, etc.  Hence I think people are just asking for more single shot handguns.

Technical and military terminology always causes problems, especially across different national standards.  NATO doesn't always seem to help!  Afterall what kind of radio standard abbreviates 'yes' to 'affirmative'!  And waving at a helicopter under NATO is the standard signal to send that helicopter away.  Any normal person would do this to get it's attention!

Sigh......

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #14 on: 23 Aug 2002, 17:38:23 »
well, im pretty sure that i use 'semi auto' for a gun wich rechambers itself autmoatically and auto for one which does that AND also sustains a long firing burst

mikeb

« Reply #15 on: 23 Aug 2002, 17:43:06 »
Exactly, but 'automatics' include semi autos WHEN you are comparing them to, say, revolvers.

It's all in the context.  I was trying to help specify what most people posting seem to be after

mikeb

« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2002, 17:44:43 »
EG one of the original posts was for a non-automatic pistol.  Which can be quite ambiguous on this definition

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2002, 21:28:59 »
So that Makes the Squrpion Super Automatic, of just full Automatic? but the Beretta, is a Semi auto, automatic, and the M16A2 is an Automatic with bursts? Right?  ??? ??? ???

SEAL84

« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2002, 22:14:24 »
The Skorpion is more like a machine pistol (SMG).  The Beretta is an automatic because it reloads automatically.

Automatic for pistols and for rifles is different.

For rifles it means you hold the trigger down and it keeps firing.  A semi-auto rifle can't do this (like the single setting on the M16).

A semi-auto handgun is like a revolver.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #19 on: 24 Aug 2002, 04:32:33 »
So it's all Scaled Down for Hand Guns I get it! Okay, But I got a Idea for the Guns What about Lazer sights? that would be Gnarly.

tai mai shu

« Reply #20 on: 24 Aug 2002, 06:06:05 »
hmm, maybe if you incorporated .cpp for the laser designator into the pistol, but then youd be able to target airstrikes with a pistol  :P

well, sounds stupid, but what if you modeled the pistol to have a very very long rod to be part of the pistol model, and make it red, thus it look like a laser beam, yeah i was right, stupid idea...  :-\

Quicksilver

« Reply #21 on: 24 Aug 2002, 06:10:47 »
actually that might work if you make it an apha channel or something it could have some opactity (forgive me if im wrong but i think thats how the transparent thing works)

-Quicksilver

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #22 on: 24 Aug 2002, 08:56:02 »
Or Maybe have the Sights set up with a Red Dot Like the One on the XM 177S, It wouldn't show up to the other guys, though But, I'm sure that would do the trick, (for now anyway) but you could expand on that and put a Red Light spot on the Gun it's self, I know Someone managed to put a Tac Light on an M4, that works (according to him), his site was www.geocities.com/wandlmods/main.html it's there some where.

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #23 on: 24 Aug 2002, 11:52:22 »
well ..... im prettty sure that lights on weapons are impossible (as in hand held ones) - if not certain.

some1 did make a laser once - and it was justa  long red rod from the gun - problem is that it didnt produce a dot on enemies, it just when straight through them and house and everything.

rat

« Reply #24 on: 28 Aug 2002, 05:25:41 »
it is actually relatively simple to adapt a 'semi-auto' hand gun so that it is full auto..........essentially most of these guns use a 'cam' type part to cause the user to re-apply pressure to the trigger to fire the next round.......if the cam is altered in a particular way then you can have a crude machine pistol.........

sorry if this is not relavent...i just wanted to show off ;D

tai mai shu

« Reply #25 on: 28 Aug 2002, 10:34:28 »
yeah but its gonna jam.  trust me.  i was doing a trigger job on my colt 1911 .45, and what happened is i sanded the cam down, but when i test fired it, it fired so quickly, that it wouldnt let the cam fall back into place (you know how much recoil there is in a full auto .45 pistol?!?!?!?!, and it went into full auto, and even eltting go of the trigger wouldnt stop firing.  the speed at which it fired caused the casing extractor (piece that pulls the spent casing out of the gun)  to crack, and no longer could rounds be extracted, casuing one hell of a jam.

in order to make a full-auto pistol, you gotta do a hell of a lot of modifications, such as making a heavier slide to delay the blow back, and stiffer springs, you also need to replae almost every single moving part with stronger versions.  you also need custom magazines, cuz the magazine spring might not feed fast enuff.

LimeCordial

« Reply #26 on: 29 Aug 2002, 15:12:18 »
yeah but its gonna jam.  trust me.  i was doing a trigger job on my colt 1911 .45, and what happened is i sanded the cam down, but when i test fired it, it fired so quickly, that it wouldnt let the cam fall back into place (you know how much recoil there is in a full auto .45 pistol?!?!?!?!, and it went into full auto, and even eltting go of the trigger wouldnt stop firing.  the speed at which it fired caused the casing extractor (piece that pulls the spent casing out of the gun)  to crack, and no longer could rounds be extracted, casuing one hell of a jam.

in order to make a full-auto pistol, you gotta do a hell of a lot of modifications, such as making a heavier slide to delay the blow back, and stiffer springs, you also need to replae almost every single moving part with stronger versions.  you also need custom magazines, cuz the magazine spring might not feed fast enuff.

woah. :o

Fishion

« Reply #27 on: 29 Aug 2002, 17:47:15 »
Ahhh...it is cool to know all the insides of Semi and Full Auto weapons. THought I'd be entirely happy if someone could simply put a Silenced Beretta or so into the game...

-Fishion

blath

« Reply #28 on: 30 Aug 2002, 14:28:34 »
yep i thought thats wot we wanted 2, but it turns out huge long technical discussions about little misunderstandings r much more popular!

:'( i jus want the gun! please, somebody jus give me the gun! :'(

mikeb

« Reply #29 on: 30 Aug 2002, 17:31:04 »
partly my fault and I apologise, but often this is a result of people being unclear of exactly what is needed to make such an addon realistic - afterall that is what this is all about.  Apologies to all out there

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #30 on: 30 Aug 2002, 18:13:38 »
It does seem to have gone a pear pear shaped :D

Please, a handgun (semi-auto, auto, whatever) with a silencer on it :D
Pick a gun, any gun, then argue later :D
-peace-
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.