Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: B52 Bomber  (Read 3103 times)

Migebuff

Re:B52 Bomber
« Reply #15 on: 06 Jun 2004, 00:17:52 »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #16 on: 08 Jun 2004, 20:40:47 »
I'll look at it later (Downloading now)
And have a go at editing it to give it some more weaponary.. Heheheh

Cheers mate :D
- Ben

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #17 on: 06 Aug 2004, 09:24:17 »
hello all.

Somebody said

B52s are a fair bit bigger.

!!! wow i never knew ;D lol but there is a antanov out there, and thats pretty ******* big!

and to DBR_ONIX what weapons have you made?

LooseKanon
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2004, 09:25:35 by LooseKannon »

Fishion

« Reply #18 on: 06 Aug 2004, 10:26:25 »
Why are people always so obsessed in getting fully functional vehicles in the game?

A B-52, that is more or less static, that is just sitting there, or that could roll, could already bring
great enhancements to missions.

Oh and by the way, the standard tactics for B-52 in the Cold War to penetrate Russian Airspace would have been
a low level Insertion (meaning below 300m), and that you could see in OFP (now I imagine something like that
would be very demanding on the pilot, since the B-52 manuvers like a pig)

Anyhow, alot of modells we wouldn't need to be fully functional anyhow, just a static would be great for alot
of things (Ponton bridges, B-52, etc.)

-Fishion

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #19 on: 11 Aug 2004, 05:50:34 »
Back when I was young and back in high school (  they had scholls in those days ? :P ) my dad used to bring home films for the aviation club at his work.  One day he brought home a film about aerial photography over Vietnam.  It was great ! - parafrags, napalm attacks, White Phosphorous bombs, A to A kills, strafing runs on the Mekong etc.  Fantastic stuff !

One section was on the Arc Light raids - unbelievable !  In the raid that I saw I think they used 500 pounders.  There were about 80-100 of them and because of the high humidity each bomb set off a pressure wave followed by the blast itself.  And if you looked closely you could see all the craters from the bombs of the previous aircraft.  I have NO idea how anything survived that !

Even if you can't get a working B52 I think that a well scripted mision opening bombardment with (say) 150-200 LGB's, complete with shockwaves, would be simply awesome.  Scripted properly, you could straddle the players on all sides and give them a phenomenal light and sound show, then camcreate some lit campfires and smoke grenades to simulate the after effects of the raid.

It would make a great start to a mission !

Roni

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #20 on: 15 Aug 2004, 22:05:56 »
I have NO idea how anything survived that !
Hiding underground, I guess..
And I think that was the idea.. ::)
:P

Even if you can't get a working B52 I think that a well scripted mision opening bombardment with (say) 150-200 LGB's, complete with shockwaves, would be simply awesome.  Scripted properly, you could straddle the players on all sides and give them a phenomenal light and sound show, then camcreate some lit campfires and smoke grenades to simulate the after effects of the raid.
That could make a static version, along with a big picture of the clouds (That could be setpos-ed under the plane a bit, to give the impression it's really high up, could be usefull...

It would make a great start to a mission !
Or an end ;)

and to DBR_ONIX what weapons have you made?
Uh? That was random..
The last one I've made was a L86 LSW, and I'm working on modifing a M249 (*Shh* It's a secret :P)
Why'd you ask?
- Ben

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #21 on: 15 Aug 2004, 22:29:02 »
Or you could just setpos the static B52 1000 meters up eh Onix?  ::)

I did that AGES ago with the static open AN that was released along time ago, and you could walk around inside it at 1000 feet.....so i fixed up a little mission where you actually jumped from the back of the aircraft  ;D

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #22 on: 16 Aug 2004, 01:26:38 »
That last quote was from LooseKannon, not me !

Me, I've made a canteen and MRE pack and a 20mm sniper rifle that doesn't seem to work quite as I intended.

But I'm learning !  :D

Roni

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #23 on: 17 Aug 2004, 17:17:29 »
Ohh, that makes more sense :P
Anyway..
That mission sounds pretty nice pathy :)
Can you have animated textures in OFP?
I don't think so.. altough you can apply JPGs to flags.. Can you apply GIFs to flags..?
If so, an animated sky texture under the plane, a planey sound, and a halo script :D
Possible?
- Ben