Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stupidity: can't see waypoints  (Read 435 times)

Kyuzo

Stupidity: can't see waypoints
« on: 05 Apr 2004, 19:31:37 »
I'm just getting started with this, but I have a really simple problem.

I can't always see my waypoints.  Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't, and I can't figure out what the difference is.  I haven't changed modes or anything, so that's apparently not it.  They're there, but they can't be seen in the HUD.

Any help would be appreciated.

m21man

Re:Stupidity: can't see waypoints
« Reply #1 on: 05 Apr 2004, 20:06:13 »
Default editor difficutly is Advanced instead of Cadet, and in Advanced mode you don't see your waypoints. You can either get used to Advanced mode, or you can switch the difficulty level by going to the SP Mission selection book, setting difficutly to Cadet, and then starting up the editor. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to send the mission to the SP Missions folder and play it from the Mission menu.

Kyuzo

« Reply #2 on: 06 Apr 2004, 02:50:41 »
Well, that fixes it sort of.

The thing is sometimes they appear in the editor. Is this possible to cause, or was that just some random occurence.

Von Drinkoften

« Reply #3 on: 06 Apr 2004, 05:03:16 »
when placeing waypoints in the editor, at the bottom of the window the options are to:

"Never show, Show in cadet mode only or Allways show"
Remember to hilite the desired option.

To get waypoints to show in the mission editor preview, you sometimes firstly have to start any default single player mission then quit out of it after it starts.
When you go back to the mission editor, waypoints should now show when you preview the mission if you have configured them to show in the editor.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 06 Apr 2004, 09:28:56 »
the never show, always show, etc bit in the editor refers to whether waypoints appear on the map: it does not affect the yellow boxes in the HUD.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #5 on: 06 Apr 2004, 12:49:04 »
I think part of it is what vehicle you use as well.  I was experimenting with the same prob.  Seems aircraft wont show the move box, but armor will, and most cars won't.

FunkyMoe

« Reply #6 on: 06 Apr 2004, 19:38:09 »
I have the same problem. I selected "always show" in the waypoint, but the waypoint on mu HUD diapears after 10 seconds. I want it to stay, or else I have no idea when to drop the bomb.