Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NamFX - Napalm! by me MakoFlash  (Read 4536 times)

Offline wired

• Members
  • Explosion Scripter for the [unsung] mod!!!
NamFX - Napalm! by me MakoFlash
« on: 03 Apr 2004, 14:04:34 »
Ok, i know my username is 'wired' but im acctually called makoflash on other sites. And i have just released a Napalm bombing script on:
http://www.flashpointfx-studios.com
Its taken me three months...and is my first publicly released script (but not my first made ;) )
Its made with the drop[] command. Please read the readme as i do not want my first ever script stolen or 'modified.' This is because i think things like:
"MakoFlash's NamFX - Napalm :updated by *******"
just cuts out the credit for me. I WILL release a demo version for peeps to edit in the final version but for now...dont modify it plz  :-\
Anyways u can distribute the script in a mission at your own will but make sure that my readme is in with the mission or i am given the correct credit for it. More details are in the readme....but for now enjoy!
Also make any comments on improving the script on the FlashpointFX - studios forum, and finding 'Napalm released!' or something like that by makoflash  ;D
p.s. I think the site needs u to become a member of the forum b4 u can enter the forum and see my thread ;)
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2004, 14:05:22 by wired »
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:NamFX - Napalm! by me MakoFlash
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2004, 14:18:25 »
Actually I have to say that someone releasing:

"MakoFlash's NamFX - Napalm :updated by *******"

Sounds just fine to me.

To me it says........this is your script, only it has been updated or modified by someone for possibly a slightly different purpose or maybe improved in a certain way.

I fail to see how credit to the original author has been left out.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2004, 14:43:22 »
I can see that too, but it means peeps also dont know what bit of the script is mine and which bit is ******'s
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2004, 14:48:06 »
Well, of course they would.....IF they had the original version also.

Failing that....the original version would be available elsewhere for comparison.

EDIT:   I'll certainly have a look at it..........will let you know how it is.   ;D

Planck
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2004, 14:50:08 by Planck »

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2004, 14:48:07 »
Any way....i didn't cum here to argue bout a readme.....i came here to say that the napalms out and u can download it. Plz do! I need feedback on the SCRIPT (not readme)! lol

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 04 Apr 2004, 13:45:05 »
Here's a wee pic to show u!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 04 Apr 2004, 14:14:01 »
I got your script and mission package from the site, however I couldn't get the mission to work.

I couldn't find any Radio Alpha trigger on the map even though the mission told me to use 0-0-1, needless to say when I tried 0-0-1, nothing happened.

I might try constructing a mission to use your script later, I don't have the time right now.

Code: [Select]
Any way....i didn't cum here to argue bout a readme
I wasn't aware we were talking about a Readme, as far as I can see no mention of a Readme was made, apart from ensuring your readme (whatever it was) was included with any mission in which your script was used. and also untill the above statement.

Planck

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 05 Apr 2004, 00:00:51 »
the trigger shud be in the mission....if not put this in ur trigers init (activated by alpha :P)
onMapSingleClick{"myMarker" setMarkerPos _pos; ["mymarker", mypilot] exec "napalmmapclick.sqs";true}
then....if u hav the script in ur mission folder....it shud work!

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2004, 19:15:26 »
All that stuff we were arguing about is in the readme thats why i mentioned it. Oh and by the way....i checked the mission.sqm in the download file (yes, i downloaded it aswell to check it was the same) and the trigger is there :P
Anyway....i've updated it according to what ppl wanted (the smoke now blends away, and an SU25 drops it, not to mention removing the BAS stuff from the mission.sqm :P) and its available to all on FlashpointFX - studios.  ;)

Have fun burning things!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HuNtA

« Reply #9 on: 06 Apr 2004, 18:58:33 »
the trigger shud be in the mission....if not put this in ur trigers init (activated by alpha :P)
onMapSingleClick{"myMarker" setMarkerPos _pos; ["mymarker", mypilot] exec "napalmmapclick.sqs";true}
then....if u hav the script in ur mission folder....it shud work!

wait a sec, that sounds alot like the napalm on map click script  :o

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 09 Apr 2004, 09:21:25 »
Yer...but if u dont trust me then hav a look at the script. I started the project three/four months ago and didn't even see that script till i waz half way thru.
Just enjoy it or stop been crappy. Any constructive critism is ok, but that waz just unwanted  :-\

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 11 Apr 2004, 15:23:21 »
Anyone tested it yet? I really need some feedback otherwise i cant update it.
Heres the link to the ffx forum but i think u need to be a member (STILL! :-[ )
Flashpoint FX Forums

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2004, 23:01:46 »
Why don't you post the script/mission on the forums here? That way people don't have to sign up for your forums just to see the script.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 12 Apr 2004, 22:18:54 »
Its a restraint ina way from ppl sending links to others and getting my napalm in places idont know. On ffx, i can see when ppl hav downloaded it and who....so if my script ends up somewhere it shouldn't.....i can easily find out who. Its also only for mod use by the unsung.....no other mods....so i can tell if sum1 decides to send it to a rival mod  ;D

csde-PiLLe

« Reply #14 on: 20 Apr 2004, 02:12:16 »
Now see, that is exactly why I wont bother downloading your mission.

No offense, but if I have to inform people that "I can show you this mission, but afterwards, I have to kill you" then I simply wont try it.

I mean, I am eager for a good napalm script. But if I cannot adapt it do my missions, I will not use it. This is because: I do not want a map-click. I want it right where I need it.

But according to you, I cannot do that.

Beside all that: What would possibly keep people from registering with a one-time-email?

With OFPEC here, you have the best "copy protection" you can possibly get. Have your script beta-tested here and simply enjoy the next fella claiming your script to be his own...

"Hey, I made that cool new script....."

"You know, this pretty much looks like abc's Script. You did not even bother to change his Tag, Moron"...

and so on :)

Cheers
PiLLe