Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Publishing  (Read 468 times)

Dubieman

Publishing
« on: 01 Apr 2004, 03:49:36 »
Not quite sure where to put this (moderators be nice)

Anyways what is the recommended tool for compacting missions into zip files?

And how can I use the intro.sqm so I'm not using the in mission intro via cameras from triggers that annoy mission raters and everyone?

Thanks for replying.. :)

m21man

Re:Publishing
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2004, 04:10:47 »
And how can I use the intro.sqm so I'm not using the in mission intro via cameras from triggers that annoy mission raters and everyone?
You write camera scripts.

Anyways what is the recommended tool for compacting missions into zip files?
WinRAR can create ZIP and RAR files.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2004, 10:56:00 »
OFPEC's policy is that all submissions must be in .zip format.   (Please, no discussion on the merits of various compressions.) You can download winzip free from the web, or indeed winrar will do the job fine and you can download that too.   Google will find them for you.

Camera scripting is in fact easier than using triggers, as well as giving much better results.   Read snYpir's camera tutorial and then messiah's camera.sqs tutorial - you need both.   (If you're not familiar with basic scripting techniques - which are very straightforward - you'll also need to take a look at snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippets and Johan Gustafsson's Scripting Guide.)   All inthe Editors Depot.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2004, 22:09:54 »
Thanks, I'll check out my winzip cause I never knew it could make .zip files.... :P

As for camera scripting, I can do that. I meant that I don't want to have my introduction to say my mission "Battle" To start after the briefing like I just set a trigger that says camera front fixed and put some words up saying "Guilty's Battle" and then the mission starts.

I want the intro to come up after I select the mission from single missions before the briefing. :)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2004, 23:20:51 »
To make text appear on the screen during a cutscene use the command titletext.  I think snYpir's tute has examples, if not check the command reference.

An Intro plays before the Briefing:   to make an Intro open your mission in the mission editor... somewhere down the right hand side it says "mission".   Click on this box and a drop down menu appears, one of the options is Intro.    The Outro plays after the debriefing.   Make your camera script in the Intro just as if it were a cutscene in the mission.   Remember to include a player unit, even though you can't actually play it.

Use the description.ext file to change the text that appears before the Intro and the Briefing.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 02 Apr 2004, 22:41:26 »
Okay thanks Macguba I have toyed around with that little box but it never got me anywhere. I guess I gotta brush up on my editor and scripting guides.... ::)