Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sorry this isnt script related (much)  (Read 484 times)

DiabeticDude

Sorry this isnt script related (much)
« on: 01 Apr 2004, 19:04:44 »
Hey there folks, i have some questions regarding OFP v 1.46 (yes i am still on 1.46) I have been playing OFP for a long long time now and i would have to say it is one of the best games i have ever played. The mission editor is amazing and i have spent many hours making maps for me and my friend Liam. However i have some questions on the ACTUAL game and seeing as this is a great and friendly website i thought i would post the questions here..... So here goes.  :)
(1) How do you take screenshots, mid game?
(2) Does OFP; Resistence add better graphics?
(3) What kind of vehicles does OFP; Resistence add?
(4) How does Resistence enhance the editor?
(5) Can anyone suggest a tutorial that will introduce me to very basic scripting?
Please answer as soon as possible.....

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Sorry this isnt script related (much)
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2004, 20:13:35 »
1: Press print screen button (next to scroll lock) then paste into e.g. paint

2: Yes, to an extent

3: Quite a few... buy it to find out  ;)

4: Allows you to see textures on the map, and adds new scripting commands etc

5: Check the editors depot
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2004, 20:15:49 »

[size=12] :o *ATTENTION - this thread is not to be touched by OFP 1.75+ 'ers. This is property of Wolfrug® - thank you!* :)[/size]

[size=8]Welcome to the sewers of Editing, DiabeticDude[/size]

« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2004, 20:21:03 by Tomb »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2004, 20:22:35 »
Hello DD,

1./  When I want to take a screenshot mid-game I usually press the PrtScrn key on the keyboard........then Alt-Tab back to windows and load up my favourite graphics program (PSP), then past it into the program with Ctrl-V.  Then just save the picture using a suitable name and format.

2./  Resistance has better graphics, more detail and additional scripting commands.  In short, if you like 1.46, Resistance is even better.  However, if you plan to get it, make sure your machine meets the minimum requirements or preferably the recommended requirements.

3./ Resistance adds......A bus........A motorbike,......A bicycle.......A police jeep..........A  V-80 east chopper........Many many new buildings and objects also.  I'm sure I missed some things, but you get the idea.  Also a lot of the very good third part addons will only work with Resistance....(BAS choppers for instance).

4./ Amongst other things the Editor has at least 2 extra buttons I could mention.........Show Textures and Show ID numbers.  Both very usefull.

5./  Try the Editors Depot for any number of scripting tutorials, both advanced and for beginners.......here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?category=1_3

I would also recommend you get the command reference so you can refer to it in order to understand scripting commands and the syntax each command requires.

Hope this helps you a little.

Planck

« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2004, 20:25:12 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2004, 23:15:46 »
1.  PrntScrn doesn't work for everybody.    You can download screen capture programmes from the net.

2. etc   Resistance is a significant upgrade.    Get it (or better still Game of the year edition, which includes the Red Hammer campaign) if you possibly can.

5.  Start with snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippets and Johan Gustafsson's Scripting Guide.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

DiabeticDude

« Reply #5 on: 02 Apr 2004, 08:32:47 »
Thanks folks you've all been really helpful. If i wrote this on any of the other game related sites i would get "You are so stupid, i won't even bother to answer that" or "Shut up you British bastard!"

Thanks folks  :)