Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: convoy start move when builidng destroyed  (Read 588 times)

Commando

convoy start move when builidng destroyed
« on: 14 Mar 2004, 23:50:41 »
This is a bit embarising but i have made a mission with this kind of trigger and stuff but i don't remember exactly how to get the stuff to work :P
any ways on to the problem, i got a building that i destroy and then i want a convoy to start moving but it just stands still but with engines on and holding position even though i blasted the builidng.
I have made 1 trigger saying not(alive anten1) and in the name i put var1 and then i have the first waypoint that the convoy has is hold and then i have a move waypoint after the hold waypoint that has var1=true in the condition field. But after i blast the antenna and i go for the convoy they just sit there nicely instead of moving  :-\ and its not fun to try hitting a convoy when the cars are just standing still, lol and on a side note they all blow up on 1 missile but thats probably only my positioning them a bit to close hehe  ;D

Kaliyuga

Re:convoy start move when builidng destroyed
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2004, 23:56:45 »
hmm.. how about  getdammage objectID[number]  for a condition on a trigger that is synched up with your waypoint for the convoy?

:toocool:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2004, 00:05:44 »
Hold waypoints never end:  I suspect you need to use a switch trigger with a variable rather than just putting the variable directly into the waypoint.   It might work with a move waypoint rather than hold.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Commando

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2004, 00:08:05 »
okay thx i'll try that

Commando

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2004, 13:27:49 »
i got it working now , thx for you replies  :)
i made the trigger that checks if the building is destroyed to a switch trigger and it was named var1. And then i synconized it with a move waypoint but im not sure if the convoy started moving when i had destroyed the building because im really fast with the f-18 :P